FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Does it cost money to work with Impact Recruitment?
How can I start working with Impact Recruitment?
- If you see a position that interests you on our website, you can apply directly through our website by registering or logging in.
- If you see a position that interests you on an outside website, (example: monster, Workopolis, etc), you can simply follow the instructions for that service provider, or send a Microsoft Word version of your resume to the email address of the recruiter listed in the posting.
- If you do not see any positions that are applicable to you, but are interested in working with Impact Recruitment for future opportunities, please visit our jobs page and keep checking back! We are adding new positions every day.
I submitted my resume to a job posting on the website, do I need to re-submit my resume for other opportunities?
My resume information has changed since I last submitted my information. How do I update your records?
What is the Certified Candidate® System?
Why is the Certified Candidate® System an advantage to me?
How do I become a Certified Candidate®?
What Industries does Impact Recruitment Service?
What sorts of jobs can Impact offer?
Impact Recruitment works at all levels of an organization, operating as the sole recruitment resource for our clients. We work on every role – from clerical and administrative positions, to high level-skilled trades, to C-level executive positions. Needless to say, whatever your level of experience or title, Impact Recruitment will be able to offer relevant positions whether now or in the near future.
What should I bring to my Interview?
When you meet one of our clients, we will prepare you prior to each meeting. Every interview is different and will typically require unique resources.
What types of employers does Impact Recruitment partner with?
Whatever your preference, Impact has the expertise and the network to ensure you find a rewarding career that aligns with your specific needs.
How long will it take to find me a position?
Remember, we always look to the people we know as a first priority when we get a new opportunity. Even if you don’t see something that interests you today, we could receive a new job tomorrow that matches your needs perfectly.
What is the advantage of working with Impact Recruitment and becoming a Certified Candidate®?
- We care about our candidates, and their long-term success. It is never about making a placement – it’s about creating great opportunities for great people and great companies.
- We don’t have quotas – we meet with you because we believe that success can be had while working together.
- At Impact Recruitment we work tirelessly to stay informed and ahead of the market. As a result, we frequently know about opportunities long before they are made public, and we just as frequently make placements with those specific companies before anyone even knows they are hiring.
There are truly no disadvantages to working with Impact Recruitment. We work with the top companies in North America and our commitment to quality means that you can be sure you we are working our hardest on your behalf.
What kind of involvement can I expect from Impact once I am placed?
I am currently employed; do I have to worry about privacy?
How should I present myself to Impact Recruitment?
What can I expect during the interview at Impact?
How can I find out about the status of the position I applied for?
How can I be sure you received my resume?
Will I deal with more than one person throughout the process?
In the future, you may hear from a number of our team members. Each one has your interests at heart and values you as a part of our network.
ABOUT TEMPORARY OR CONTRACT WORK
How does temporary/contract work add value to my career?
If your long-term goal is to find permanent employment in an organization, contract or temporary work will give you a leg-up on the competition in the job marketplace.
What should I bring to my interview?
You will also need to bring photo identification, proof of Social Insurance Number, and copy of void cheque.
Please also make sure you dress appropriately for a professional interview with Impactemps.
NOTE: reference letters will not be accepted in lieu of reference contact information, and references from friends or colleagues are not considered to be professional references by Impactemps. If you are new to the workforce, please provide reference information from past teachers or professionals from your secondary or post secondary institution if available.
What can I expect during the interview?
We will provide answers to any questions you might have, and/or provide you with resources to learn more.
Once you complete the interview, we will match you up to available positions, if applicable, and we will coordinate your start with the hiring organization.
Should there be no position available after you complete your interview, don’t worry, you have not wasted your time! We will let you know as soon as a better possible job match arises, and we will stay in touch long-term.
How long will it take to find me a position?
You could land a temporary or contract job with Impactemps quickly, or it could take several days or even weeks, as market conditions for employees are constantly changing.
We will do our best to get your working right away and to match your skills according to our clients’ needs and expectations.
How do I get paid? What happens if I miss the timesheet deadline?
Should you miss the time-sheet deadline, you will be paid one week from the following Friday. As Impactemps does not provide payday advances, please do not miss your deadline!
How much notice do I need to give if I plan to leave?
Should circumstances require you to start a new job quickly, we would request a minimum of one week of working notice if you plan to leave a temporary or contract assignment.