Job Order ID: 29215
Job Location: Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
Salary: $66,000 - $82,500
The Certified Candidate® system by Impact Recruitment is designed to ensure your next career move is the right one. We take the time to thoroughly understand your technical abilities, your career goals, and you. Become a Certified Candidate® and enjoy a better recruitment experience with Impact.
WHY IS THIS JOB FOR YOU
The largest credit union in Canada is looking to add a Commercial Legal Document Specialist to their Surrey office, giving you the opportunity to leave the never ending grind as a paralegal, and gain back the work life balance you’ve always dreamed of. A closer commute from home, less overtime, with amazing benefits and discounts.
- Interpret and apply commercial credit policies and requirements
- Prepare and manage legal documentation, including creating new or amending existing letters and agreements for commercial business and pre-funding checklists
- Provide oversight and other non-complex legal advice to various departments
- Conduct due diligence searches and provide verification of current documents and securities
- Keep up to date with changes and potential impact
- Work closely with risk management group to determine proper documentation and risk assessment
- Paralegal Certificate or equivalent
- 7+ years experience in commercial real estate or lending; emphasis on document preparation and pre-funding
- Paralegal or conveyancing background
- Knowledge of Word, Adobe, Quarterly Lending Guidelines, BC Online, and other regulatory acts
- Basic understanding of financial statements
- Ability to calculate simple figures such as discounts, interest, commissions, percentages
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- $66,000-82,500 (approx. 10% bonus at year end)
- 3 weeks vacation
- 7 sick days, 5 personal days
- Flex benefits (pick your own level of coverage)
- Choice of 2 pension plans
- Free banking services
- Mortgage discount
HOW TO APPLY
Please reply with a Microsoft Word version of your resume to email@example.com or visit www.impactrecruitment.ca to apply online. If you would like to speak with us directly regarding this role, please contact Anna at 604-689-8687 ext. 249 for more information.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this particular role, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.