Job Order ID: 30178
Job Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Salary: $115000 - $140000
You will have the opportunity to join this company at a pivotal time in their Canadian operation as they continue to expand the company while offering you a highly competitive salary and an opportunity to work alongside their experienced Construction team.
This organisation is a General Contractor working across Commercial, Retail, Mixed Use, Mid-High rise, Educational and T.I. projects. Projects can vary from smaller Tenant Improvement to complex, high-value projects. In your role you will focus on the commercial projects owned by the organisation as opposed to projects they run as a General Contractor.
They have a strong pipeline of future projects, ensuring you can be confident of a long-term career. The company culture and number of employees with long tenures is testament to how well employees are looked after.
This high profile company give candidates the opportunity to develop within the company through training as well as career progression over the next number of years to Senior Project Manager or higher.
An ideal candidate would be:
1. A Project Manager with experience & knowledge of the Construction Process
2. Has completed concrete construction projects start to finish of minimum $15mil in value
The Construction Project Manager plans and supervises a wide range of exciting construction projects from start to finish. You will organize and oversee construction procedures and ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner, and/or is part of a dynamic team doing so.
The goal will be to ensure all projects are delivered on time according to requirements and within budget parameters. To succeed in the role, the Construction Project Manager must be well-versed in all construction methodologies and procedures, and able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results. The ideal candidate will have an analytical mind and great organizational skills.
- Collaborating with engineers, architects and all other required project consultants etc.
- Negotiating contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreements.
- Obtaining permits and licenses from appropriate authorities.
- Determining needed resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations.
- Planning all construction operations and schedule, forecast, in conjunction with team and monitor intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met.
- Acquiring equipment and material and monitor stocks to timely handle inadequacies.
- Hiring subcontractors and other staff and allocate responsibilities.
- Evaluating progress and prepare detailed reports through Procore.
You will also be closely working on:
- RFI’s & Change orders
- Value Engineering
- Tendering and award for subtrades
- 5+ years Construction Project management experience within North America.
- BSc/BA Education & Degree within a relevant construction fieldHigh value and large scale project experience
- High level of Microsoft Project systems including Word & Excel and Procore
- PMP or equivalent certification will be an advantage.
- Exposure to & knowledge of construction process
Annual Salary: $115,000 – $140,000;
Bonus: Discretionary based on yearly performance
Benefits: Extended Medical & Dental, Paramedicals
Vacation: 3 weeks
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply now at www.impactrecruitment.ca or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to speak with us directly regarding this role, please contact Sean Feighery on +236 9795798 for more information.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this particular role, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.