Job Order ID: 31316
Job Location: Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
Salary: $75,000 - $110,000
Experienced Estimator with experience with steel stud and cold form steel needed for a growing company in Surrey!
This established Construction & Development Company based in Surrey with growing reputation across BC area are seeking a Preconstruction Manager to join the team.
You will have the opportunity to join this company at a pivotal time in their Canadian operation as they continue to expand the company while offering you a highly competitive salary, bonus and package with the opportunity to work alongside their experienced team.
- Develop business plans and sales strategies to continue to grow the business and support revenue and profit objectives
- Create and be accountable for annual departmental budget
- Oversee and manage members of the pre-construction team, including the directing and motivating of their efforts within assigned divisions and clients
- Lead weekly sales meetings, prepare and issue meeting minutes, manage the forward progress of all leads by way of thoughtful and proactive client management, including holding staff accountable for daily tasks and meaningful reporting
- Along with the CEO and Board of Directors, play a major role in setting and achieving monthly, quarterly and annual sales objectives and targets
- Lead the development and delivery of high-quality professional proposals including distilling requirements of an RFP, forming the team to respond and managing all parties and information towards the deadline
- Provide input and direction for the Go or No Go Process
- Manage all aspects of the bid process from request to submission
- Prepare thorough and accurate cost estimates for prospective work
- Align cost estimate templates with accounting for generation of cost reports
- Building an estimating database which allows for quick reference on repetitive and recurring items
- Conduct material and pricing research locally and abroad
- From time to time, participate in value engineering exercises
- Always be on the watch for “Murphy”, meaning, anticipate where things could go wrong will go wrong and plan accordingly
- Successfully negotiate and close sales
- Follow thru and report on lost sales opportunities
- Lead the handover of successful proposals to Project Management, including scope, estimate, schedule and particular client issues
- Develop and maintain detailed knowledge of the Company’s products and services
- Be aware of the activities of our competitors
- Provide input to the team on Marketing to support sales objectives
- Provide intelligence of Marketing collateral, including print, digital media, website and social media
- Assist with the writing of design marketing materials (articles, presentations, brochures, press releases, monthly company newsletter, etc)
- Actively develop and maintain a professional network through participation in appropriate industry functions and meetings
- Nurture prospective client relationships to create specific opportunities where our experience and expertise can be leveraged, including the possibility of travelling to meet them
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with the community, developers, municipal officials, economic development representatives, consulting teams, general contractors and other prospective clients locally and abroad
- Maintain and grow your technical knowledge in order to offer our clients timely and impromptu solutions to their technical challenges
- Be a growing source of expertise both in-house and to external clients
- Represent the Company and its reputation through proactive involvement in lunch & learn sessions, technical seminars and committees
- Manage the accuracy of information in our pipeline
- Lead in the implementation of a new CRM system including data export of all relevant Company data
- Establish and manage systems to bring greater efficiency to all Pre-Con activities
- 5 years in Cold Formed Steel (likely East Coast or abroad) as Estimator with BD exposure or Pre-Con role2.
- Business Development along with proven track record of successfully Estimating steel projects is a must
- Possibly open to drywall trade who understands steel stud .
- Ability to create conceptual estimates with clients – free-hand sketching.
- Previous experience Estimating on
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: $75,000 – $110,000
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply now at www.impactrecruitment.ca or send your resume to email@example.com. If you would like to speak with us directly regarding this role, please contact Sean Feighery on +236 9795798 for more information.Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential.We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this particular role, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.