Job Order ID: 32601
Job Location: Delta, British Columbia, Canada
Top residential and commercial building supply manufacturer in North America is expanding their maintenance team and looking to add a skilled Maintenance Millwright. Great compensation and benefit packaged paired with an awesome Monday to Friday day shift schedule.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
For over a century, our client has been an industry leading manufacturer for residential and commercial building supplies. Constantly adding more and more high-quality products to be a one stop shop for their clients. Products ranging from exterior supplies such as roofing, siding, and decking to interior products such as insulation, drywall, and ceiling panels. Through constant research and development, this company offers the most innovative and sustainable product in the industry.
While our client may be a global leader in the industry, they still hold many core values based around their employees well being. Providing their team members with mentoring, development opportunities and a great work life balance is always their main priority. If you are looking to work in a positive work environment that offers great support and rewarding work opportunities, then this is the company for you.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Due to year over year growth and client demand, our client is looking to add a skilled Maintenance Millwright to their maintenance team. With demand and production at an all time high, the maintenance team has one of the most important responsibilities in keeping the facility up and running, limiting any down time. Although they are looking for an experienced Industrial Red Seal Millwright, thorough training and on boarding is provided during the beginning of employment. As well, working with such a reputable and growing cop many means that there is ample opportunity for personal and career growth/upward mobility.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager and working along side other skilled tradesmen, the Millwright is responsible for but not limited to:
- Performs repairs to machinery and plant support systems with regards to mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics, etc
- Work with preventative maintenance programs and keep proper maintenance records.
- Operate machine tools such as lathes and grinders to fabricate the parts required during overhauls, maintenance or set-up of machinery
- Works with a wide array of precision tools, such as Vernier calipers, micrometers, dial indicators, gauge blocks and levels
- Fabricates custom parts, fixtures and guarding by means of arc welding, grinding, oxyacetylene cutting
- Assembles and installs machinery and equipment such as mixers, saws, pullers, precision bearings, gear-boxes, clutches, motors, shafts, sprockets, chains, conveyors etc.
- Troubleshoots and repairs machinery and equipment in breakdown situations to ensure production requirements are met
- Trades level certification with RED SEAL Millwright ticket mandatory
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working in the wall-board, cement, mining manufacturing industries is a PLUS
- Medium computer literacy & knowledge of MS Office tools
- Must have strong trades, written and communication skills
- Wage: $41.06/Hour with paid overtime
- Full extended medical and dental coverage.
- Pension, RRSP matching and vacation package.
- 6:30am – 3pm
- Monday to Friday
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply directly to this posting with the most recent version of your resume. If you would like to speak with us regarding this position, please contact Diana MacQueen at email@example.com. To learn more about our open positions, visit us at impactrecruitment.ca.
ABOUT IMPACT RECRUITMENT
Specializing in a wide variety of industries and verticals, Impact Recruitment is passionate about matching exceptional talent with exciting new opportunities across Canada. For job seekers, we offer a dedicated approach to finding the right opportunity for your career growth.
The Certified Candidate® system by Impact Recruitment is designed to ensure your next career move is the right one. We take the time to thoroughly understand your technical abilities, your career goals, and you. Become a Certified Candidate® and enjoy a better recruitment experience with Impact. Learn more at impactrecruitment.ca.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this position, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.