Job Order ID: 32804
Job Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Salary: $39,000 - $45,000
We are currently seeking a client focused Administrator to join the Intake and Conflicts team for a top national law firm. This is a great opportunity for an individual who values client service and strives to go above and beyond.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
As one of the largest and most renowned law firms in Canada, our client is committed to continued success and innovation. This firm takes pride in their staff and continually offers support and growth opportunities. They are leaders in the industry, and as part of their team, you will be starting your tenure in a firm committed to excellence.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Intake and Conflicts Administrator will be a part of a national team who provides advice and practical support to all staff members of the firm. The team provides a wide range of services including reporting conflict search results, opening new clients/matters, creating and maintaining Confidentiality Screens and completing the conflict steps necessary when professionals move to the firm.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position can be based out of their Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal, Ottawa or Toronto office.
The key responsibilities for this role are:
- Performing conflict searches, analyzing results and providing match data to staff
- Reviewing client/matter intake requests for compliance of firm protocols
- Performing new conflict searches, analyzing results and providing match data to staff
- Ongoing maintenance of existing business (client name changes, reopening, additional parties etc)
- Providing “on call” support for designated weeks (once every 2 months approximately)
- Setting up and maintaining confidentiality screens
- Manage lateral hire on-boarding procedures for new professionals and staff
- Reviewing and recording new engagement letters
- Reviewing the Know Your Client information
- Completing new business intake procedures
- Performing due diligence checks for new clients
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2-3 years in a legal environment
- Advanced technical skills, specifically in Microsoft Office
Strong understanding of the law, duties and regulations of a lawyer/client relationship
- Knowledge of conflict of interest process and principles
- Exceptional interpersonal, organization, communication and time management skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in database searching and interpreting data
- Ability to work independently within a team environment, follow instructions with minimal supervision and take initiative
- Availability to work overtime, when necessary
- Familiarity with Intapp Open Conflicts and Intake; CMS Aderant; Progress; World-Check would be an asset
- Bilingual in English/French would be an asset
- Experience with Intellectual Property law would be an asset
- $39,000 – $45,000 annual salary
- $500 benefit that can be used to purchase necessary supplies to work from home
- 3 weeks’ vacation + sick days
- Extended benefits
- RRSP matching
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply directly to this posting with the most recent version of your resume. If you would like to speak with us regarding this position, please contact Kayla Kokdemir at: 604 689 8687 ext. 205 or email email@example.com. To learn more about our open positions, visit us at impactrecruitment.ca.
ABOUT IMPACT RECRUITMENT
Specializing in a wide variety of industries and recruitment verticals, Impact Recruitment is passionate about matching exceptional talent with exciting new opportunities across Canada. For job seekers, we offer a dedicated approach to finding the right opportunity for your career growth.
The Certified Candidate® system by Impact Recruitment is designed to ensure your next career move is the right one. We take the time to thoroughly understand your technical abilities, your career goals, and you. Become a Certified Candidate® and enjoy a better recruitment experience with Impact.Learn more at impactrecruitment.ca.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this position, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.