Job Order ID: 33154
Job Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Salary: $55,000 - $60,000
Our client, a well established firm in the manufacturing and distribution industry, is looking for a flexible and passionate Accountant to join the team.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client is a publicly traded company, with offices in Vancouver and California. They specialize in manufacturing vehicles, and have experienced significant growth over the past years.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
You will be working directly with the Executive team and assisting in all aspects of financial accounting including the preparation of the quarterly and annual financial reporting and related compliance. You will be handling the application of company controls and procedures, and the accurate management of company financial records and reports.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This is a full time permanent position, and will be based out of the client's office in Gastown.
The main responsibilities for this role are:
- Full cycle AP and AR
- Review invoices, input and update financial records, and prepare payments for signing and approval, by cheque and electronic payments
- Inventory tracking, management and control
- Assist with review of employee expense reports, corporate credit cards, and updating of financial records
- Assist with bank deposits, records maintenance and filing, monthly bank reconciliations, and other office duties as required
- Assist with the preparation and management of client invoicing and billing including coding, inputting and collection of accounts receivables
- Month/year-end closing procedures and all aspects of the financial reporting process
- Preparation of quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements
- Implementation and maintenance of control procedures including but not limited to reconciling accounts, physical inventory management and audit and control procedures
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Assist senior management with financial analysis and special projects as needed
- 2+ years of full cycle accounting experience
- Post secondary degree in Accounting
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Can work within a team as well as independently with minimal supervision
- Advanced technical skills with Microsoft Office – particularly Excel
- Familiarity with QuickBooks or Sage would be an asset
- $50,000 – $60,000 annual salary
- 2 weeks' vacation
- Extended health and dental benefits
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply directly to this posting with the most recent version of your resume. If you would like to speak with us regarding this position, please contact Katherine Wu at: 604 689 8687 ext. 237 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about our open positions, visit us at impactrecruitment.ca.
ABOUT IMPACT RECRUITMENT
Specializing in a wide variety of industries and recruitment verticals, Impact Recruitment is passionate about matching exceptional talent with exciting new opportunities across Canada. For job seekers, we offer a dedicated approach to finding the right opportunity for your career growth.
The Certified Candidate® system by Impact Recruitment is designed to ensure your next career move is the right one. We take the time to thoroughly understand your technical abilities, your career goals, and you. Become a Certified Candidate® and enjoy a better recruitment experience with Impact. Learn more at impactrecruitment.ca.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this position, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.