Job Order ID: 34022
Job Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Salary: $55,000 - $60,000
We are looking for an accounting professional that has at least one year of full cycle/general accounting experience within a law firm!
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
As one of the top regional law firms in Canada, our client has a strong reputation within the industry. They are in the heart of downtown and minutes away from public transit. They are recognized in prestigious business and legal publications for legal expertise. Moreover, they pride themselves on a strategic approach while encouraging innovation and creativity.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
You get to work alongside bright, friendly, and hardworking professionals in a recognized firm. This firm will also offer an extensive benefits package, social events, and opportunities to progress in your accounting career.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Reporting to the Director of Finance, this successful candidate will be assisting the accounting team in an AP heavy role. This position provides an amazing learning platform for a candidate who enjoys learning the different accounting functions, able to adapt to changes on the fly, not afraid of challenges and able to stay calm in a fast paced-environment.
- Processing vendor invoices and payments
- Entering disbursement costs
- Reconciliation of expenses and invoices
- Uploading electronic invoices from vendors
- Managing petty cash
- Handling of both onsite and offsite storage of accounting files
- Providing support to other areas within the department (AR, trust)
- Special projects and tasks as assigned by management
- Minimum 1 year of full-cycle or general accounting experience
- Previous legal experience is a required
- Post secondary education in Accounting
- Strong technical skills, particularly in MS Excel
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong client service focus
- High level of attention to detail and organization skills
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple conflicting demands
- $50,000 – $60,00 annual depending on experience
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- Excellent benefits package – extended medical, dental, etc.
- Health spending account
- Education allowance
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply directly to this posting with the most recent version of your resume. If you would like to speak with us regarding this position, please contact Katherine Wu at: 604 689 8687 ext. 237 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about our open positions, visit us at impactrecruitment.ca.
ABOUT IMPACT RECRUITMENT
Specializing in a wide variety of industries and recruitment verticals, Impact Recruitment is passionate about matching exceptional talent with exciting new opportunities across Canada. For job seekers, we offer a dedicated approach to finding the right opportunity for your career growth.
The Certified Candidate® system by Impact Recruitment is designed to ensure your next career move is the right one. We take the time to thoroughly understand your technical abilities, your career goals, and you. Become a Certified Candidate® and enjoy a better recruitment experience with Impact. Learn more at impactrecruitment.ca.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this position, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.