Job Order ID: 34459
Job Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Salary: $120,000 - $150,000
My client is a general contractor who have been in operation for over 20 years, they have both a multi-family and commercial division and are looking to add an established Project Manager to the multi-family division.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
My client was founded just over 20 years ago and since then have experienced rapid growth and have become a very well-established GC with good reputation for delivering projects on time and to budget. The forever growing team has a solid pipeline of projects on both the commercial and multi-family side of the business. My client prides themselves on the culture of the company and whilst it being a hardworking environment, they have a passion for giving back to the staff and ensuring a happy workplace.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
This is a great opportunity for a wood-frame Project Manager with Canadian experience to join a successful team. You will be involved with 4-6 storey wood-frame multi-family projects ranging from $25M- $45M. You will have a PC to assist you with the project but will run projects from pre-con to occupancy.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The main objective for the Project Manager will be to ensure projects are completed to the required standard, in the timeframe given and on, or under budget. In this role you will need to have a detailed understanding of the full construction process, from pre-construction through to the completion of the project. You will be an expert in coordinating teams, it will be your responsibility to align a team of professionals to guarantee the best possible results for the client. Please see below for some of the day-to-day duties you will be involved with:
- Partner with all consultants including owners, design, architects, municipals, all contractors, and sub trades. You will lead the team and a clear communication line is vital
- Tendering and negotiating deals with contractors and external parties to find profitable agreements for the company, but also creating trust and lasting relationships with the external contractors
- Planning for resources and working within the budgetary restrictions, this will include the manpower, materials, and equipment
- Working through pre-construction with the team to create accurate budgets and schedules and then following on by constantly monitoring them and adjusting where needed
- Monitoring and recording equipment and material stock
- Working in tandem with the coordinator(s) who will be reporting into you daily
- Management of project from pre-con to occupancy
- Ideally completed two multi-family wood-frame projects from start to finish in North America
- High preference for coming from a GC rather than developer builder
- Confident dealing with trades and project stakeholders
- Good understanding of the construction process from pre-con to occupancy
- Salary range of $120,000 to $150,000
- Vacation negotiable between 3-4 weeks
- Full benefits package
- Car allowance
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply directly to this posting with the most recent version of your resume. If you would like to speak with us regarding this position, please contact Guneev Sidhu at: 236-477-8721or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about our open positions, visit us at impactrecruitment.ca.
ABOUT IMPACT RECRUITMENT
Specializing in a wide variety of industries and recruitment verticals, Impact Recruitment is passionate about matching exceptional talent with exciting new opportunities across Canada. For job seekers, we offer a dedicated approach to finding the right opportunity for your career growth.
The Certified Candidate® system by Impact Recruitment is designed to ensure your next career move is the right one. We take the time to thoroughly understand your technical abilities, your career goals, and you. Become a Certified Candidate® and enjoy a better recruitment experience with Impact. Learn more at impactrecruitment.ca.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this position, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.