Job Order ID: 36232
Job Location: Victoria, BC, Canada
Salary: $130,000 - $180,000
General Superintendent role in Victoria looking after a complex multi-phased project.
General Superintendent – Victoria
This is a General Superintendent role in Victoria. The successful candidate will be looking after a complex multi-phased project with commercial and residential components. The initial project is a selective demolition and retrofit project that will be followed by a parkade expansion. Future phase includes multiple new build 5-storey wood-frame residential buildings.
- This Developer-Builder & General Contractor builds across the Lower Mainland, Vancouver Island and the Okanagan as well
- They focus on multi-family and mixed-use projects
- The current Victoria project will be 4+ years of work but future Island work is already in the pipeline
- They keep Clients happy by building quality and minimizing change orders
- Large existing site being renovated and re-developed in phases
- Phase 1 starts in July 2022 – Selective demolition, retrofits and a parkade expansion
- The largest part of the project is five wood-frame residnetial buildings on the re-developed site
- A 4 year schedule for all potential phases
- Willing to hire immediately and have time for the successful candidate to get up to speed on the drawings
- This company uses Procore
Key Job Duties:
- Overall site leadership, including mentoring of the future Site Superintendents supporting each phase of the project
- Help hire the team around you and establish a Victoria team and office
- Trades management including schedule creation, maintenance, and avoiding trade stacking through proper planning
- Report directly to the Project Manager (office-based) and work together on construction challenge that could affect budget and schedule
- Ensure site safety is promoted as important from the top on down
- Work closely with the client and consultants on design concerns to keep the project on track
- Other duties will be discussed in the interview process
- Minimum of 4 completed (start-finish) multi-family wood-frame or mixed-use project as a Site Superintendent or Senior/General Superintendent
- Ability to lead a team and mentor
- Ability to operate independently, but lean on the Project Manager as needed
- Comfortable with computer programs such as Procore or similar
- Must be willing to work in Victoria
- Salary from $150,000 to $180,000 depending on experience (open to contract relationship as well).
- Bonus plan based on annual and project performance.
- Benefits plan (after 3 months probation) with 100% premiums paid by employer.
- 3 weeks of vacation.
How to Apply:
Please apply directly to this posting with the most recent version of your resume. If you would like to speak with us regarding this position, please contact Mark Fedyshen at: 604-833-8844 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about our open positions, visit us at impactrecruitment.ca.
About Impact Recruitment
Specializing in a wide variety of industries and verticals, Impact Recruitment is passionate about matching exceptional talent with exciting new opportunities across Canada. For job seekers, we offer a dedicated approach to finding the right opportunity for your career growth.
The Certified Candidate® system by Impact Recruitment is designed to ensure your next career move is the right one. We take the time to thoroughly understand your technical abilities, your career goals, and you. Become a Certified Candidate® and enjoy a better recruitment experience with Impact. Learn more at impactrecruitment.ca.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this position, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.