Job Order ID: 36410
Job Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Salary: $100,000 - $150,000
Site Superintendent role with a focus on Healthcare TI projects. This is a union role with great benefits, vacation pay and opportunity for overtime too!
Site Superintendent – Healthcare Projects
This is a Site Superintendent role with a focus on Healthcare projects including TIs, retrofits and full renovations. This is a union role with great benefits, vacation pay and opportunity for overtime too! Looking to hire in early 2022.
About the Company
This local business has been operating out of North Vancouver for many generations (over 70 years!) with ownership changing hands to the next top employees over the years. Their niche is healthcare TI and they do it well. They use a union labour force but they is no need to be an existing union member (or even a ticketed carpenter) to land this role. They run projects on a construction management contract basis. In addition to healthcare the company also takes on School and commercial TI projects such as banks. 99% of their work is repeat business. Company consistently employs about 5 Project Managers and 10 Superintendents but is looking to grow due to opportunity on the market.
About the Opportunity
You will join as a Site Superintendent leading projects in operating hospitals. Key duties include:
- A commitment to infection control and a safe and clean working environment.
- Work closely with interested parties including consultants and hospital staff.
- Occasional hands-on work if running a small builds (such as a small office).
- Report to and work closely with the Project Manager to plan and execute the project.
- Lead a small crews from 2 to 10 staff depending on project size and complexity (plus trades).
- Work with trades to keep the schedule on track and address design challenges proactively with the consultants.
- Typical project from $500k -$20M.
- 5+ years of Superintendent experience on commercial and institutional projects.
- Team oriented personality who is comfortable working closely with consultants and other stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of contracts and blueprints.
- A history of delivery start-finish projects.
- Asset: Red Seal in Carpentry.
- Hourly Wage: Rate based on experience (Current Superintendents T4 $110,000 – $140,000 or more).
- Hours: Typically 8 hour days with paid OT as needed.
- Vacation: 12% vacation pay (equivalent of 6 weeks!).
- Benefits and pension through the union.
- Bonus potential.
How to Apply:
Please apply directly to this posting with the most recent version of your resume. If you would like to speak with us regarding this position, please call or text Mark Fedyshen at 604-833-8844 or email email@example.com. To learn more about our open positions, visit us at impactrecruitment.ca.
About Impact Recruitment
Specializing in a wide variety of industries and verticals, Impact Recruitment is passionate about matching exceptional talent with exciting new opportunities across Canada. For job seekers, we offer a dedicated approach to finding the right opportunity for your career growth.
The Certified Candidate® system by Impact Recruitment is designed to ensure your next career move is the right one. We take the time to thoroughly understand your technical abilities, your career goals, and you. Become a Certified Candidate® and enjoy a better recruitment experience with Impact. Learn more at impactrecruitment.ca.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this position, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.