Job Order ID: 36715
Job Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Salary: $70,000 - $85,000
Based in the heart of Downtown Vancouver, this is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Project or development accountant who is looking for a new challenge and wants to work on a complex portfolio of projects!
ABOUT THE CLIENT
Impact recruitment has partnered with a top tier real estate development firm that has ownership on some of the most exciting real estate developments in Burnaby, Richmond and Vancouver. They pride on their collaborative and rewarding work culture and are currently looking to add an experienced Property accountant to their team!
Development Accountants looking for a smaller firm to work for, I got you. This newer, family-owned company is based in downtown Vancouver in a new office with a rooftop deck. They have established themselves quickly with strong industry professionals and have been growing with a strategic approach to their development plans in BC and beyond. They are in commercial, industrial and residential development.
The Development Accountant will manage the full process and life span of a project. Responsible for all stages, this accounting professional will handle reporting all project costs, oversee AP process, and take care of all construction draws. Moreover, the Development Accountant will produce monthly financial statements, perform analysis on budgets and be responsible for all internal controls as they relate to the projects.
- Set up all accounting procedures for projects as they are launched
- Review proformas for accuracy and upload project budgets into the accounting system
- Ensure accuracy of invoices for appropriate coding and process for payment
- Deal with all internal and external stakeholders related to projects
- Prepare journal entries as they are related to projects to accurately account for all project costs
- Manage the construction loan progress draw process, including the quantity surveyor reports and any support required by the lender
- Ensure all required contractor/subcontractor Certificates of Insurance are on file and current
- Track assigned project budgets and lead monthly budget meetings to identify and discuss any cost/budget issues.
- Prepare monthly cash flow forecasts for the project life cycle and work with the Controller to incorporate them into global corporate cash flow
- Prepare calculations and journal entries for accruals, allocation of common costs, sales, and costs of sales
- Prepare year-end working papers for development projects to facilitate financial statement and tax return preparation
- CPA designation is much preferred
- 4+ years of experience in a project accounting role in construction or development
- Specific experience on mixed-use projects from start to finish
- Excellent Excel skills for cash modeling
- Excellent Microsoft Office Suite Skills, with Yardi as a huge asset
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Salary up to $85,000, with bonus potential
- Benefits packages: Extended health and dental (100%), MSP, RRSP, and an in-house gym for those who feel so inclined
- 3-4 weeks’ vacation
- CPA dues and PD courses
HOW TO APPLY:
Please reply with a Microsoft Word version of your resume by sending a copy of your CV in confidence to email@example.com. Want to be my first call? Tell me in the body of your email how you meet the criteria above!
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this particular role, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.