Job Order ID: 37595
Job Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Unleash your potential as a Mechanical Technician in the bustling commercial retail scene of Burnaby. Become a vital part of a forward-thinking organization, entrusted with the crucial responsibility of ensuring the seamless operation and peak performance of mechanical systems within a prestigious retail site. With unparalleled opportunities for growth, competitive compensation, and a collaborative work environment, this is your chance to shape the future of a vibrant shopping destination while elevating your career to new heights.
For immediate consideration please contact Marz Hussain at 604-689-8687 ext.251
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
As an industry leader in property management and facility services, our esteemed client is renowned for their commitment to excellence. With a global presence and a reputation for delivering tailored solutions, they leverage advanced technology and expertise to optimize operations, maximize efficiency, and create sustainable environments. Joining their team offers exceptional opportunities for professionals seeking to make a lasting impact in the world of facilities management.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Elevate your career as a Mechanical Technician in a dynamic commercial retail environment in Burnaby. Join our team and unleash your potential, with opportunities for growth, competitive compensation, and a collaborative work culture. Make a meaningful impact by ensuring seamless operations and peak performance of mechanical systems, shaping the future of a prestigious retail destination. Don't miss this chance to showcase your skills and take your career to new heights.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This role will be reporting to the mechanical supervisor. You will be working 35 hours a week and there are rotating shifts. The shifts will rotate between 7am to 3pm, 8am to 4pm, and 1pm to 9pm between Monday to Friday, Tuesday to Saturday, and Sunday to Thursday. Some job duties include but are not limited to:
- Conduct daily inspections of building mechanical and electrical systems, performing necessary maintenance and repairs.
- Monitor and maintain lighting/electrical systems, chilled/heating water systems, rooftop equipment, compressors, boilers, HVAC control systems, and fire alarm/sprinkler systems.
- Assist and oversee contractors to ensure efficient performance of their duties.
- Regularly record and monitor mechanical readings.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive preventative maintenance program for all life safety equipment.
- Maintain positive relationships with tenants, providing excellent customer service.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed for the role.
- Valid BC or Inter-Provincial 4th Class Power Engineer's Certificate (Additional certifications like Refrigeration or Electrical TQ are advantageous)
- 5 years of practical experience with a solid understanding of HVAC control systems
- Experience in hotels or hospitals would be an assetProficiency in working with hand tools and comfortable working at heights
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines and efficiently resolve building issues
- Resourceful team player with strong communication skills and adeptness at managing multiple tasks concurrently
- A valid BC Driver's License is a requirement
- 35-hour work week
- 2% union dues will be automatically deducted
- OT Pay only if 35 hours/week or 12 hours/day are exceeded
- 8% discretionary bonus
- Full benefits after 3 months
- Pension and RRSP
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Phone Allowance
- 3 weeks vacation
HOW TO APPLY
Please reply with a Microsoft Word version of your resume to: email@example.com or visit www.impactrecruitment.ca to apply online. If you would like to speak with us directly regarding this role, please contact Marz Hussain at 604-689-8687 ext. 251 for more information.
ABOUT IMPACT RECRUITMENT
Specializing in a wide variety of industries and recruitment verticals, Impact Recruitment is passionate about matching exceptional talent with exciting new opportunities across Canada. For job seekers, we offer a dedicated approach to finding the right opportunity for your career growth.
The Certified Candidate® system by Impact Recruitment is designed to ensure your next career move is the right one. We take the time to thoroughly understand your technical abilities, your career goals, and you. Become a Certified Candidate® and enjoy a better recruitment experience with Impact. Learn more at impactrecruitment.ca.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such, all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this position, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.