Job Order ID: 26215
Job Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
This company has experienced a boom of growth and sales in the past five years and with many senior level employees looking to retire in the next 5-10 years, this is an ideal time to join a great company and climb the corporate ladder.
Setting them at an advantage among their competitors are their employees. At this strong and resourceful work environment, employees are rewarded and presented with exciting challenges. As a successful candidate you will receive the training, education to gain further designations, and the prospects of promotion!
One of the largest lumber producers of North America, with manufacturing facilities wide spread across Canada and the United States, this company focuses on effective cost control while providing wood products of unprecedented quality.
Another one of the many benefits working at this company is that you will be able to enjoy a work hard play hard atmosphere. Working in a community that this company operates in means that you will be able to enjoy the nature and recreational activities that these locations have to offer!
Above all, with competitive pay and a full range of benefits, people want to work here because it is the place to build a future.
- Responsible for the management of the plant’s accounting functions, plus manage 1 accounting staff
- Responsible for the full range of operational, financial and management accounting, analysis and administrative support of the plant’s operations
- Financial analysis of plant performance and participate in decisions that enhance profitability
- Produce monthly and quarterly financials
- Oversee accounts payable and payroll functions
- Review and approve any financial statements and/or reports
- Provide leadership in departmental budget control, cost/benefit analysis, and provide financial information and recommendations to management
- Oversee cost accounting functions and work closely with the operations, maintenance, and administration department heads
This role is best suited to an individual who is looking to grow their career long term with a company. On a personality level, people who are driven, intelligent, high energy and flexible tend to be most successful.
- Accounting Designation (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA)
- Demonstrated experience being a business leader
- Strong cost accounting, budgeting, and bookkeeping experience
- Past experience working in a sawmill
- LEAN training
- Experience using Oracle
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
This company knows that their employees are the backbone of their success and as a result, they compensate people in a fair and competitive fashion.
- $85,000 – $90,000 annual salary
- Bonus potential
- 3+ weeks’ vacation
- Very competitive extended benefits (MSP paid)
HOW TO APPLY:
For consideration, please send your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.