Job Order ID: 24958
Job Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Salary: $110,000 - $140,000
As one of the longest and most established practices in Vancouver the firm has built a reputation for being a formidable force to be reckoned with and is rated by Lexpert, Chambers & Partners and Legal 500 as a top tier practice for employment, labour and human rights with several their lawyers being ranked as leading lawyers in their field. The firm offer a collaborative and respectful workplace where you get the opportunity to work on interesting and complex files.
The successful candidate will be working as part of an established team and will have full conduct of their own files with the help of an assistant and you will be required to service clients from a variety of industries. Your duties will include, but not limited to:
– Preparing employment contract and policy documents
– Knowledge of employment privacy legislation
– Appearing at labour arbitrations and adjudications
– Familiarity with human rights legislation, including advice to clients on avoiding discrimination claims and submissions to the BC Human Rights Tribunal
– Litigation of wrongful dismissal claims
– Familiarity with employment standards legislation and appearances before Employment Standards branch
– Called to the BC Bar or eligible
– 3+ years post call experience
– Trial experience (asset)
– Strong drafting/research skills
– Strong academic background
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
– Up to $140,000 (negotiable based on experience)
– Benefits package to include RRSP
HOW TO APPLY:
Please reply with a Microsoft Word version of your resume to: email@example.com quoting reference # 24958, or visit www.impactrecruitment.ca to apply online. If you would like to speak with us directly regarding this role, please contact Adriana Zenleser at 604-689-8687, ext. 250 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this particular role, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.