Job Order ID: 25152
Job Location: South Surrey, BC, Canada
Salary: $80,000 - $100,000
The firm is a local mid-sized firm based out of Surrey. It is long established with a history of over 30 years. It is really entrenched in the local business community and is very well respected. Clients range in size all the way up to $400 million revenue businesses and the firm is very profitable. The culture is friendly, positive and laid back. The Tax Partners are extremely supportive people who go out of their way to make sure their team members receive the time and attention they deserve.
This firm is dedicated to growing their tax team aggressively in the coming years, so this is a great chance to get in on the growth, room to move to senior manager. This firm covers ongoing professional development, so you will have plenty of opportunities to grow your skills and your career.
The role focuses on Tax Planning for owner managed businesses and high net worth individuals. The compliance component of the role will be minimal. You will have great mentors; both the Tax Partners are both originally from the Big 4. The Tax Partners are extremely supportive people who go out of their way to make sure their team members receive the time and attention they deserve. The successful candidate will be a new or experienced Tax Manager. As a minimum you will be in the process of completing In Depth and have already had some exposure to Tax Planning and Reorganizations. Ideally you will have completed the In-Depth Tax series and spend the majority of your time planning.
– Assist in the development and implementation of tax planning strategies for clients
– Advise on planning opportunities, tax minimization strategies and compliance issues
– Research and analyze a wide variety of tax issues;
– Prepare, review and advise on complex corporate, personal and trust tax returns
– Review the work of junior staff members, train, develop and mentor members of the tax group
– Assist with client management and foster excellent relationships with clients and initiate business development opportunities.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
– Base salary is in the $80,000- $100,000
– 4 weeks of Vacation are provided. Firm closed during Christmas
– Overtime is paid hourly
– Dental and Extended Medical benefits
– Professional and development fees are also covered by the firm.
– Employee Recognition program /Service awards/ New client bonus
– CPA designation
– 5+ years personal and corporate tax experience
– Experience dealing with clients directly
– Completed or enrolled in in-depth
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply now at www.impactrecruitment.ca or send your resume to gwhite@Impactrecruitment.ca. If you would like to speak with us directly regarding this role, please contact Gillian White at (604)689-8697 Ext 272 for more information.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this particular role, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.