Job Order ID: 26379
Job Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada
Salary: $150,000 - $170,000
Our client is one of the best Civil Contractors in ground solution and improvement in BC. Under a larger parent company in construction, they often partner with commercial general contractors and the ministry of transportation. The Estimating Manager will report directly to the Civil Division Manager who has been with the company for over 20 years and is generous in sharing his knowledge and experience with the team.
There are many growth opportunities within the larger parent company and you will have the chance to further develop your experience and network with construction professionals in other divisions of the company. The Civil Division Manager is also happy to mentor and help his colleagues to reach the next step of their career. You will be part of a very supportive and professional project management and estimating team.
The Estimating Manager will be leading all estimating activities bidding for projects with earthwork, underground utilities and shoring. The typical projects will be above $2MM in budget.
The Estimating Manager will lead and provide guidance on all estimating activities with duties include,
– Researching and reviewing bid opportunities
– Developing appropriate bid strategies and construction methods according job specifications
– Organizing and guiding bid teams
– Maintaining and developing client relationships
– Preparing and submitting bid packages
– Reviewing contract documents and identifying risk factors in projects
– 8 to 10 years of experience in construction estimation with at least 3 years in a leadership role
– A degree or diploma in Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying, or Construction Management is preferred
– Strong geotechnical experience and knowledge of the Lower Mainland area is a must
– Experience with projects over $2MM is an asset
– Experience with ground engineering or shoring projects is an asset
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
– Salary: $150,000 – $170,000
– Full extended medical and dental benefits
– 3 weeks of vacation
– Applicable professional dues will be reimbursed
– Vehicle, laptop and cellphone provided
HOW TO APPLY:
Please reply with a Microsoft Word version of your resume to: email@example.com, or visit www.impactrecruitment.ca to apply online. If you would like to speak with us directly regarding this role, please contact George Gao at (604) 689-8687 ext. 231 for more information.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this particular role, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.