Job Order ID: 26226
Job Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada
Salary: $150,000 - $175,000
Our client is one of the best Civil Contractors specialized in ground improvement and solution in BC. Under a larger parent company in construction, they often partner with commercial general contractors and the ministry of transportation. The Estimating Manager will report directly to the Civil Division Manager who has been with the company for over 20 years and is generous in sharing his knowledge and experience with the team.
There are many growth opportunities within the larger parent company and you will have the chance to further develop your experience and network with construction professionals in other divisions of the company. The Civil Division Manager is also happy to mentor and help his colleagues to reach the next step of their career. You will be part of a very supportive and professional project management and estimating team.
The Estimating Manager will be leading all estimating activities bidding for projects with earthwork, underground utilities, piling and shoring. The typical projects will be above $2MM in budget. The company is also a leading brand name for several niche projects in the industry.
The Estimating Manager will lead and provide guidance on all estimating activities with duties include,
– Researching and reviewing bid opportunities
– Developing appropriate bid strategies and construction methods according to job specifications
– Organizing and guiding bid teams
– Reviewing contract documents and identifying risk factors in projects
– Preparing and submitting bid packages
– 5 to 6 years of experience in construction with at least 1 year in a leadership role
– Strong geotechnical experience and knowledge of the Lower Mainland area is a must
– A degree or diploma in Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying, or Construction Management is preferred
– Experience with projects over $1MM is an asset
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
– Salary: $150,000 – $175,000
– Full extended medical and dental benefits
– 3 weeks of vacation
– Applicable professional dues will be reimbursed
– Vehicle, laptop and cellphone provided
HOW TO APPLY:
Please reply with a Microsoft Word version of your resume to: email@example.com, or visit www.impactrecruitment.ca to apply online. If you would like to speak with us directly regarding this role, please contact George Gao at (604) 689-8687 ext. 231 for more information.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this particular role, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.