Job Order ID: 26452
Job Location: Surrey, BC, Canada
Salary: $50,000 - $70,000
Our client is an established and second-generation family owned drywall and framing contractor for Vancouver and the lower mainland. They are one of the preferred construction trades for several well-known general contractors in Canada. They are committed to maintain a supportive and close-knit team culture within the family business. The owner has partnered with Impact Recruitment for our expertise in hiring because they do not hire often for most of their employees have been with the company for over 10 years. The company is stable and has a healthy pipeline of projects to work on.
The role will allow you to apply your 2 – 3 years of estimating experience in drywall and steel stud combined with the company’s network in the construction industry to further develop your project portfolio with some larger and recognized projects in the Lower Mainland.
You will work closely with the President on new construction and tenant improvement projects ranging from $30,000 to $20MM. Previous successful projects are primarily commercial and institutional throughout BC with focus in the Lower Mainland area.
You will have a direct reporting relationship to the President of the company.
You will be the main estimator of the company and daily responsibilities include:
– Researching on bid opportunities
– Reviewing engineering documents and shop drawings
– Performing all estimating related duties including quantity take-off’s, validating supplier quotes, and preparing bid packages
– Handling change orders when necessary and RFI’s during pre-construction stage
– 2 – 3 years of experience in drywall and steel stud estimation
– Proven records of performing quantity take-offs based on engineering documents
– Strong communicator with good email writing skills
– Able to think creatively for unique and boutique projects
– A degree or diploma in Building Technologies is an asset
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
– $50,000 – $70,000 per annum
– Full extended medical and dental benefits after 3 months
– RRSP contribution
– 2 – 3 weeks of vacation
– Christmas Bonus
HOW TO APPLY:
Please reply with a Microsoft Word version of your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.impactrecruitment.ca to apply online. If you would like to speak with us directly regarding this role, please contact George Gao at (604) 689-8687 ext. 231 for more information.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this particular role, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.