Job Order ID: 26453
Job Location: Richmond, BC, Canada
Salary: $60,000 - $75,000
Our client is an established household brand for electrical construction projects. They have a diversified project portfolio in commercial, residential, and institutional construction works. With a strong senior management team focusing on team building and mentoring for internal career development, the company has an excellent record of employee longevity. More than 30 of their current employees have 10+ years of tenue with the company. With a healthy pipeline of incoming projects and a well-established brand name, they are stable and ready to hire for more help.
There is a lot of growth potential for the Intermediate Estimator within the company. By working closely with the Senior Estimator, you will further develop your electrical estimating skills. If you are willing to learn and are coachable, you will receive the right mentorship to advance within the company.
You will work with the Senior Estimator and the President on commercial, light industrial and high-rise projects range from $150,000 to $20MM.
You will have a direct reporting relationship to the Senior Estimator and to the President when needed.
You will assist the Senior Estimator and your daily responsibilities include,
– Reviewing and interpreting project drawings, specifications, and other engineering documents
– Creating estimates and assisting with bid packages
– Performing all estimating related duties including quantity take-off’s, validating supplier quotes, and preparing bid packages
– Maintaining and establishing positive working relationships with general contractors, consultants and trades partners
– Attending site meetings and inspections as required
– Analyzing project risks and making recommendations to Senior Management on course of action
– Handling change orders when necessary and RFI’s during pre-construction stage
– 2 – 5 years of electrical estimating experience in commercial, light industrial, or high-rise constructions
– Computer savvy and experience with any electrical estimating software
– Able to understand schematics, electrical drawings and specifications
– Previous site experience or training as an electrician is an asset
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
– $60,000 – $75,000 per annum
– Full extended medical and dental benefits after 3 months
– 3 weeks of vacation
– RRSP matching
– Project bonus based on performance