Job Order ID: 39387
Job Location: Vancouver
Salary: $55,000 - $65,000
AmbiMi is searching for a Intermediate iOS Developer to help us design, develop and build out user-friendly mobile interfaces. If you're looking for an opportunity to 1) get your hands dirty with all aspects of technical development, 2) work with a small, tight-knit group that loves rubber ducking, 3) GIF-battle on a daily basis with said group, then let's connect!
ALLOW US TO INTRODUCE OURSELVES
AmbiMi is the first ever skills-based, job matching platform using the power of smart tech and human ambition to disrupt the $92BN staffing industry. AmbiMi combines an innovative app with a human-centric network of Job Hubs to support job hunting and hiring. We’re supercharged for growth and looking for our next great teammate.
So, who are we? As a team, we are passionate about the upward mobility of all people (including yours!). We are driven by our collective mission to promote inclusive employment and decent work for all. We believe if organizations have a faster and more affordable way to find and hire talent, it will have a purposeful impact on employers and employees. That’s a win-win for everyone.
Our workplace is an open environment that encourages collaboration and teamwork, and we’ve built our team with amazing people who possess the drive and entrepreneurial spirit that makes big things happen.
If you’re ready to get your ambition to work, you’ve come to the right place. Join a team that will coach you, challenge you, and develop you both personally and professionally.
HOW WE’RE DIFFERENT
You might think that you know what we’re about because ‘every tech start-up is the same.’ Wrong. Here’s how we’re different:
1. We want you to grow with us. We are committed to developing the best and the brightest. You will be given all the tools you need to succeed and an opportunity to blaze your own career path. We’re just getting started, and the sky is the limit.
2. We are built on purpose. Our focus has always been (and always will be) on creating sustainable growth for people, businesses, and society. That’s what upward mobility means to us. We created a tool that propels people’s initiative, resourcefulness, and ambition. As we grow, our purpose grows.
3. We are backed by success. AmbiMi was created by Canada’s fastest-growing recruitment company 5 years running, Impact Recruitment. Our CEO was recently named to BIV’s BC500 most influential business leaders. These recognitions are the result of a solid foundation built by a passionate, fun loving, and hard-working team.
4. We believe the best idea in the room wins. Our workplace fosters empowerment, collaboration, and communication at every level. It doesn’t matter if it’s your first day, first week, first month, or even first year. We value new ideas, open-mindedness, and imagination. If you’ve got something to say, we want to hear it.
5. We’re all about win-win. Our technology supercharges human hiring and job hunting. It isn’t just about finding the next gig or hiring a warm body. It’s about building inclusive partnerships between employees and employers so that short-term work can serve long-term interests.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Working closely with the tech team, you will be responsible for iOS development, building and maintaining existing code for AmbiMi’s existing mobile app and coming up with elegant solutions to improve our app.
- Work closely with the Senior Front-end Developer design and develop user-friendly mobile interfaces for both iOS and Android platforms, with a focus on iOS development.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand product requirements and design solutions.
- Develop and maintain code for mobile app features, including UI components and layout.
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of the mobile app.
- Troubleshoot and debug issues as needed.
- The primary focus will be on native mobile app development with some backend and web development opportunities.
- Will be working in Agile (Scrum) environment.
- Take responsibility for ticket creation and prioritization.
This is a full-time permanent position based in Vancouver, BC. Candidates based in Canada but outside BC may be considered for a 100% remote, full-time contract.
WHAT YOU’LL GAIN
- Competitive salary based on experience
- 3 weeks vacation to start
- 50% employer paid benefits package
- Positive work environment and team mentality – we foster a culture of collaboration and communication
- Fun company culture – awesome events, company celebrations, monthly catered breakfasts, lunches, beer, and wine on tap. We hire good people, and good people = good times. Simple as that
A LITTLE ABOUT YOU
Here at AmbiMi, we value teamwork, honesty, and accountability – if you share these values, you’ll fit right in. You’re excited about innovation and the merge between technology and recruitment. You are also a highly motivated individual that understands success comes with hard work. You don’t give up easily. You want to keep learning, are self-motivated, and approach challenges with tenacity.
- 2 years of iOS mobile development experience.
- 2 years of professional experience with SwiftUI, UIKit, Swift, and Combine.
- Familiar with REST API, CocoaPods, Swift Package Manager.
- Experience deploying to app store is an asset.
- Experience with tools such as Git, Airship, TestFairy, Bitrise is an asset.
- Knowledge or experience with Android development (Kotlin) is an asset.
- Knowledge or experience with front end development (React) is an asset.
- Interest in gaining experience in backend development is an asset- Node.js, AWS (Amazon Web Services – EC2, RDS-MySQL, Docker, CloudWatch, Postman)
- Familiar with issue and project tracking software (Jira) is an asset.
WHAT TO DO NEXT
If you’ve made it this far, we’ve got to ask – do you think you’re the right person to join our team of personable and accountable professionals?
If you’re enthusiastic, driven and always bring your ‘A’ game, we think so!
Take the next step and send your resume and cover letter to Grace Mok at firstname.lastname@example.org
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us, as such all applications are kept strictly confidential and we will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.