Job Order ID: 26104
Job Location: Vancouver, Canada
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a Canadian billion-dollar retail distribution company as an IT Specialist. The successful applicant will be working with a cutting-edge team in exciting and large-scale projects. This position provides outstanding benefits and a great work/life balance.
About the company:
The organisation continuously tops independent polls that recognize exceptional places to work. If you are looking for a stable company that values innovative thinking, this role is perfect for you. This company is leading the way in their field and is on the brink of further expansion. In order to reach its goals, the company requires strong, forward thinking leaders.
Reporting to the Manager of IT, the IT Specialist will be responsible for providing tier 1&2 IT support to computer users. Other duties include but not limited to:
– Provide tier 1&2 support in network services including: user accounts, server configuration, data backup, disaster recovery planning and obsolescence planning
– Working in Virtualized environments
– Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of IT systems including networks and communication infrastructure
– Working with the Manager to help with Network Routing, Firewall Rules, Virtual LANs, Storage Area Networks, VPN
– Post-Secondary Diploma or Degree in a related discipline
– Minimum of 2 year’s experience providing IT support
– Experience in hardware/software installations and maintenance
– Experience with Microsoft suite products, set up and maintenance
– Experience using Systems Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM)
– Experience using Citrix Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
– Advantage to have CompTIA certification or Microsoft certification
– Must have excellent communication skills
Compensation & Benefits:
– Salary $45,000 – $50,000 base per annum
– 2 weeks of vacation plus flex days
– Excellent Dental, Medical and Pension Plan.
How to Apply:
Please email a Microsoft Word version of your resume to: email@example.com quoting reference # 26104 or visit www.impactrecruitment.ca to apply online. If you would like to speak with us directly regarding this role, please contact Sean Moynihan at 6046898687 Ext:253 for a confidential discussion.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this particular role, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.