Job Order ID: 26442
Job Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Salary: $50,000 - $55,000
New and exciting opportunity to join a well-established shipping company as an IT Support Technician. The role will encompass a variety of tasks which will allow the successful candidate to learn new skills and utilize their existing skillset.
This company are part of a global network of 70 terminals spread across 6 continents, with a dedicated team of over 36,000 employees.
Their Vancouver office is located near Downtown. They built their business based on quality and speed of service, knowledge and expertise, infrastructure, equipment, capacity and sophisticated systems to deliver fast turnaround times. As a company, they are known for their innovative products and services that sets them apart in the shipping services world. This company is looking to add an IT Support Technician to its collaborative team of experts.
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic IT support technician to hone their skills and experience with a reputable successful company. The role will encompass a very good variety of tasks and working with the latest technology under the guidance and mentorship of senior help desk staff. With a history of promoting internally, this company provides ample opportunity for a hard-working individual to progress into tier 2-3/Systems Administrator position in the future.
Reporting to the IT Manager, your main responsibilities will be delivering high quality, cost effective solutions to all levels of users remotely and desk-side, but not limited to:
– Providing excellent and courteous first & second level support to end users.
– Monitoring infrastructure, identifying issues and taking preventative action to ensure business continuity.
– Setting up and looking after all hardware, software and application problems.
– Deployment and maintenance of computers, laptops, printers, phones, monitors and audio-visual equipment.
– Monitor IT HelpDesk queue and answer service request calls in an appropriate and timely manner; initiate and maintain a database of service request tickets including categorization and entry of required information.
– Enforce IT department security controls and policies in performance of all tasks.
– Maintain communication with IT team and Manager on outstanding service requests, issues and concerns.
– University Degree or College Diploma in Information Technology or equivalent work experience and/or certificates.
– 2 years of experience working in an IT help desk position
– Experience in supporting Windows 7, Windows Server (2003/ 2008/2012) Microsoft Office 2010/2013 Suite, Exchange, Active Directory, VOIP phone systems and other inhouse applications.
– Must have excellent communication and documentation skills
– Must be able to efficiently manage time and workload, including planning, prioritizing, organizing and following through on tasks while maintaining close attention to details.
– Must be able to methodically identify and resolve problems with computer hardware and software systems.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
– Salary $50,000 – $55,000 base per annum
– Performance related bonus
– 3 weeks of vacation
– Flexible dental, medical, MSP.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please reply with a Microsoft Word version of your resume to: email@example.com quoting reference # 26442 or visit: https://curawebservices.mindscope.com/IMPACT04416_CURA/Aspx/JobSearch.aspx?lang=en&EmploymentTypeID=1656&Industry=1665
to apply online. If you would like to speak with us directly regarding this role, please contact Sean Moynihan at 6046898687 Ext:253 for a confidential discussion.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this particular role, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.