Job Order ID: 24612
Job Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Salary: $55,000 - $65,000
Consistently ranked at the top of league tables for M&A and equity offerings, this firm is a force to be reckoned with. The firm has been recognized as market leaders in their core practice areas which include Securities, Finance, Corporate & Commercial and Litigation. Being part of this firm not only means you are surrounded by some of the best legal experts in Vancouver, you are also part of a company which values collaborative leadership and staff engagement. As well as being a leader in their core practice areas, the firm also has a committed focus on their social responsibility. They regularly support various local and charitable organizations and encourage their staff’s engagement and participation.
As an Legal Administrative Assistant in the Business Law Department you will work directly with one partner and one associate focusing on Corporate, Business, M&A’s, Mining and Securities law. The ideal candidate will have previous experience working in corporate and securities law. Some of your role will include:
– File management including opening files, arranging meetings, scheduling hearing dates, travel arrangements
– Administration of private placement, AGM, regulatory filings for cooperation’s including drafting and filing Reports of Exempt Distribution
– SEDAR filings of news release and various reports including interim and annual financials for clients
– Drafting correspondence on lawyer’s behalf, editing and proof reading documents
– Managing lawyers practice i.e., opening files, arranging meetings, scheduling dates and travel arrangements, bring forward system, file organisation and client correspondence
– Entering dockets and all ad-hoc clerical work as required
Compensation & Benefits:
– $55,000 – $65,000 base per annum (negotiable based on experience
– 3/4 weeks vacation
– Excellent compensation package which includes 100% premiums for Dental, Extended Medical & MSP
– Life Insurance
– RRSP Matching
– Various social and charitable events organised throughout the year
– Legal Administrative Assistant Certificate or relevant degree from recognized institution
– 3+ Years experience in Corporate & Securities
– High proficiency with MSOffice (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
– Working knowledge with TSX resources, SEDAR and SEDI is an asset
Please reply with a Microsoft Word version of your resume quoting job #24612 to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to speak with me directly regarding this role, please contact Adriana Zenleser on 604 689 8687 ext. 250 or email email@example.com for more information.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this particular role, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.