Job Order ID: 26595
Job Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Salary: $50,000 - $55,000
WHY IS THIS JOB FOR YOU?
– You’ll be inspired! Work closely with a Partner and have the opportunity to learn as much as you want from their vast experience!
– Bring that bubbly and friendly personality with you to the office.
– Be a part of a firm that loves to give back to the community. This firm contributes to numerous charities, provides scholarships to students and encourages careers by offering work experience.
– A wonderful culture that values its staff and creates a lovely work space for everyone.
– Yoga Fridays! Say it with me… namaste
– Be the LAA known for working at a firm that has a hugely positive and strong reputation!
– Downtown location – close to public transport. Ride your bike to work? They’ve got facilities if you do.
The firm is looking for a friendly LAA that has 3+ years experience and a Legal Administrative Assistant Certificate. It would be great if you’ve got experience working in Labour and Employment however, if you’ve got experience in litigation and a genuine interest in L&E then we want to hear from you too! Working closely with a detail oriented yet kind Partner, your responsibilities will include:
– Prepare and key in correspondence and legal documents
– Review and proofread documents and correspondence to ensure compliance with legal procedures and grammatical usage
– Schedule appointments, meetings and conferences
– Set up and maintain filing systems, utilizing knowledge of legal records and procedures and frequently controlling confidential materials and documents
– Open and distribute regular and electronic incoming mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information internally and with other departments or organizations
– Determine and establish office procedures and routines
– Billing and Time Entry using internal software
– Use of software such as EsiLaw.
One of the largest Labour and Employment practices, this firm is committed to equipping its clients with the best advice to allow them to make informed decisions and achieve their goals. Attracting talent from all walks of the legal industry, the firm possess the skills to handle the ever changing culture of business but also focus their energy on other important aspects – like working out of a green office and contributing to charities!
Located in downtown Vancouver, the firm prides themselves on having a strong reputation and a team of employees that allow them to continue to lead the way in Employment and Labour Law.
– Legal Administrative Assistant Certificate
– 3+ years of experience – ideally in Employment and Labour however experience in Litigation will also be well received.
– Excellent attention to detail – you love to check things and check them again.
– You want to take advantage of working alongside a Partner and look forward to gaining valuable feedback from them!
– Experience using Esilaw is a very strong asset
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
– $50,000 – $55,000 base per annum (based on experience)
– 3 weeks vacation
– Dental and Extended Medical coverage
– Benefit plan including prescriptions, medical and dental
– A gym membership valued at $350 per year
– RSP matching after 1 year
HOW TO APPLY
You’ve read this far which means you’re passionate about your career so let’s chat further. Send a Microsoft Word version of your resume, quoting job #26595 in the subject, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to speak with us directly regarding this role or any other potential roles, please contact Jennifer Vessali at 604-689-8687 ext. 254.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this particular role, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.