Job Order ID: 24804
Job Location: Kelowna, BC, Canada
Salary: $65,000 - $80,000
70 people within the Kelowna office a National organization but a local cost centre, so you are getting the best of both worlds. Resources of a large national firm but the feel of a mid-sized firm environment. Flexible work-life balance and a collaborative team environment. Strong reputation in the Kelowna market.
The ideal candidate has 5+ years public practice experience, operating at a manager level and able to conduct NTR, review engagements, audits for private companies and some simple tax compliance. You would also be expected to review supervise work of junior staff accountants. Needs to be a client facing individual. The current focus in terms of clients are private companies, typically dealing with smaller to mid-size, range of industries – manufacturing, private enterprise, tech, construction. Also get the benefit of getting to work through files all the way, giving you a lot more involvement and experience than a typical Big 4 firm.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and review audit, review and compilation engagements independently and effectively
- Deliver complete product to the Partner on a timely basis
- Demonstrate an understanding of the client’s industry, marketplace, business trends and technical and industry developments, key performance drivers and proven ability to communicate such to the client
- Progress management of engagement teams based on audit plans, providing recommendations as required
- Identifying and resolving accounting, audit and tax issues
- Successfully delegating to all levels of staff. Providing guidance and training for staff members to enhance their career development within the firm.
- Foster positive working relationships with client personnel, co-workers
- Responsible for managing client relationships, winning new work and managing the quality of work completed
- Responsible for managing the client’s portfolio
- Mentor and coach other managers and junior staff
Looking for someone who can become a senior manager and then work towards becoming an associate partner in the future.
- 5+ years public practice experience
- Able to conduct review engagements, NTR and private company audits independently
- Proficiency in CaseWare, Caseview, TaxPrep, and Microsoft Office
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Salary 65k-80k
- A discretionary bonus of up to 20% of which 50/50 on personal and company performance.
- Full dental and medical benefits
- Tuition reimbursement
- 4 weeks of vacations
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply now at www.impactrecruitment.ca or send your resume to gwhite@Impactrecruitment.ca. If you would like to speak with us directly regarding this role, please contact Gillian White at (604)-689-8687 Ext 272 for more information.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this particular role, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.