Job Order ID: 26784
Job Location: Vancouver
- Responsible for semi-monthly payments to Independent Contractors: Prepares records for review and accuracy. Full cycle accounts payable tasks; data entry, account reconciliation, program distribution coding, bill back information for invoicing to funders, and complete processing tasks. Completes monthly accounts reconciliations; bed day reconciliation, bed utilization reports and resolves any discrepancies. Prepares contract confirmation letters for independent contractors as requested and assists with periodic independent contractor payment analysis.
- Responsible for central tracking and oversight of funding contracts: Maintaining contract files, obtaining approvals, monitoring expiring or changing contracts, and communicating information to funding agents, program management, and the finance team. Completes the monthly contract modification summary report. Ensures that the agency’s contract files and records are accurately maintained and safely stored. Organizes retrieval and control of records as required.
- Responsible for full cycle monthly processing of volunteer honoraria including processing recurring invoice batches, account allocation, and complete payment processing tasks.
- Assists with other areas of accounts payable responsibilities: Assisting with data entry of monthly internal staff expense reimbursements, review accuracy of supporting documentation, and coding allocation. Ensures agency’s accounts payable files and records are accurately maintained and safely stored. Monthly colour printing allocation.
- Assists with other areas of accounts receivable responsibilities: Supplies supporting documentation for bill backs and invoicing to the funders. Completes weekly deposit slips and banking. Responsible for disbursement and replenishment of petty cash fund.
- Assists with general accounting and administrative tasks: Bank reconciliations, account reconciliations, grant reports and data entry of monthly recurring journal entries.
- Full cycle accounts receivable and accounts payable processing for other related business entities. Assists with year-end audit preparation and special ad-hoc projects as requested
- Provides receptionist support as needed
- Performs other related duties as required
- University degree in a discipline relevant to the work of the position plus two years relevant experience or a two-year diploma in a discipline relevant to the work of the position plus four years relevant experience.
- Experience using computerized accounting systems. Specific experience using Sage 300 is considered an asset.
- Experience working with not-for-profit and/or community organizations is an asset.
How to apply
Please include a Microsoft Word version of your resume as well as a cover letter detailing how your experiences would make you an ideal candidate for the role. If you would like to speak with us directly regarding this role, please contact Taanvi Kukreja (604-559-6665, ext. 255) for more information.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this role, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.