Job Order ID: 24422
Job Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Salary: $55,000 - $70,000
Salary: $55,000 – $70,000
Location: North Vancouver
This company focuses on residential and mixed-use projects and acts in both a developer-builder and general contracting capacity. From a typical 4 storey wood frame with a concrete underground parkade, to a 6 storey concrete condominium with retail on the podium level; this company is building desirable, high-end projects that will help you grow as a construction professional. The office environment is casual but they take a professional, team approach to their projects. The successful candidate will understand the importance of relationships in construction and value the importance of direct communication.
Our Client knows that if people aren’t challenged, mentored and provided the opportunity to advance, then they will not stay within their organization. They put a large onus on mentorship and hope every employee succeeds and develops so they can grow their team organically from within.
SPECIFIC JOB DESCRIPTION FOR PROJECT COORDINATOR
The Project Coordinator will be working under Project Managers and/or the Construction Manager on multiple projects and assist in all aspects of construction form tendering through to turnover. There will also be a large amount of on-site coordination with the Site Superintendents. A rough list of typical duties is listed below:
- Acting as a liaison with subcontractors expediting drawings, shop drawings and related information
- Act as the main contact and driver of the RFI, SI, shop drawing and change order documentation and processing
- Manage the project close-out process including schedules, warranties and Operating & Maintenance Manuals
- Assist with the research and preparation of change requests to resolve design issues
- Assist in the pre-construction process as required including tendering, contracts and scopes of work
THE ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE JOB INCLUDE:
- Passion for construction and the ability to finish a task, and not just take it to 95%
- 1 – 3 years of experience working on multi-family wood frame or concrete mixed-use projects
- Excellent problem solving, leadership and communication skills
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritized activities based on company needs.
- Solid understanding of MS Office suite
- BCIT Construction Management Program, Engineering Degree or Architectural Design Program an Asset
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Base Salary $55k – $70k
- Vacation: 2 – 3 weeks
- Extended medical, dental & paramedical
- MSP paid
- discretionary bonus program
Please reply with a Microsoft Word version of your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.impactrecruitment.ca to apply online. If you would like to speak with us directly regarding this role, please contact Brad Barton at 604-689-8687 ext. 242 for more information.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this particular role, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.