Job Order ID: 27050
Job Location: Kelowna, BC, Canada
Salary: $65,000 - $70,000
Position Title: Senior Accountant
Salary: 65,000 – 70,000 (Based on Experience)
Location: Kelowna, BC
Industry: Natural Resources
Are you ready for a move? A real move? Pack your bags and head into the interior to join this Award-Winning Natural Resource Company, who is looking to add a hands-on Senior Accountant to join their team. Being part of a smaller company and community will be rewarding, as will the involvement with the team of seven in the Finance department. Moreover, the fact that this is a publicly traded organization will allow for so much personal development within your career. They work hard to produce results, but even harder to create a culture that is both inviting and rewarding, where the team feels they can contribute and learn!
The exposure you will gain from working with this organization is difficult to match as part of any other similar organization within the Lower Mainland. Cost of living will decrease, while career development will forge ahead.
Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Accountant will be responsible for, but not limited to;
- Responsible for performing Quarterly financial statement and working paper preparation
- Preparation and update of various monthly and quarterly reports such as; Project cost reports, Budgets and forecasts, and Cash flow and working capital
- Review work of A/P Clerks and intermediate accountant including monthly management reports
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll and monthly payroll
- Review and reconcile intercompany and clearing accounts
- Other duties as required may include:
- Assisting with duties performed by AP Clerks, Intermediate Accountant or Controller
- Preparing ad hoc reports/schedules
- Assisting in the preparation of various Stock Exchange/Regulatory reporting requirements (Management Information Circular, Annual Information Form, ESTMA, etc).
- 2+ years’ experience within an accounting role focusing on full scope of accounting through reporting
- CPA designation, pursuing CPA designation or equivalent experience
- Responsible for overseeing of the company’s accounting team
- Strong understanding of accounting concepts and tax functions (GST, PST, Flow-Trough program)
- Time management, prioritization and strong communication skills
- A self-starter who is capable of handling tight deadlines and stressful situations
- Capable of performing payroll functions
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
$65,000 – 70,000
This position will be compensated based on experience and comes with stock options, bonus potential and a generous benefits package. Relocation costs will also be supported. The company also hosts annual retreats for the staff and ongoing office events.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please reply with a Microsoft Word version by visiting www.impactrecruitment.ca and applying to job #27050 If you would like to speak with us directly regarding this role, please contact Brett Kuseler at 604-689-8687 x 226 for more information.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this particular role, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.