Job Order ID: 21877
Job Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Salary: $0 - $150,000
As one of the largest labour side practices in Western Canada the firm provides advice to small, medium and large companies both in the public and private sectors and in all industries. With over 30 lawyers the firm is affiliated with a large practice based in Toronto to prevent loss of business for those clients looking for national coverage and are not afraid to litigate if needed.
The successful associate lawyer will have at least four years’ labour side experience and will be required to handle a full caseload from start to finish unsupervised. As an associate lawyer your job duties will be, but not limited to:
– Handling files from start to finish
– Labour dispute contingency planning
– Collective agreement interpretation
– Drafting and implementing company policies and policy manuals
– Employment standards
– Representing clients at arbitration, labour relations board, human rights tribunals, employment standards tribunals and court both federally and provincially
– Called to the BC bar
– 4 + years post call experience
– Labour side experience (essential)
– Must be able to handle files from start to finish independently
– Networking and business development skills
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
– Up to $150,000 (negotiable based on experience)
– Bonus – split based on billings
– Benefits package to include RRSP and gym membership
HOW TO APPLY:
Please reply with a Microsoft Word version of your resume to: email@example.com quoting reference # 21877, or visit www.impactrecruitment.ca to apply online. If you would like to speak with us directly regarding this role, please contact Adriana Zenleser at 604-689-8687, ext. 250 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this particular role, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.