Job Order ID: 7190
Job Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Salary: $130,000 - $175,000
One of the top accounting firms in Canada, our client provides high level accounting, auditing, income tax planning, compliance, and consulting services to growing Canadian enterprises in very diverse industries and sectors. National organization but a local cost centre, so you are getting the best of both worlds. Resources of a large national firm but the feel of a mid-sized firm environment. Flexible work life balance and a collaborative team environment.
Looking for a candidate to bring strong business development skills to start as a Senior Tax Manager with the plan to progress to Associate partner in the near future, then equity partner. Your role will be a mix of compliance and planning for private companies in the manufacturing, private enterprise, and construction industries. As you progress to Associate partner your role will change to 75% planning and 25% compliance. You will also be responsible for managing and mentoring a team of dedicated juniors.
- Offer tax compliance and planning services to a variety of clients including corporations, partnerships, and trusts
- Identify and resolve accounting and tax issues.
- Leads complex engagements, managing the business relationship with a focus on high-value, quality tax advice and seeks to expand services to client
- Ability to identify cross-service line opportunities to better service the clientd
- Liaise with tax authorities on tax audits and appeals
Effectively plan, schedule and delegate to all staff levels to ensure successful execution
- Responsible for managing clients relationships, developing new connections, attracting new business and managing quality of work completed
- Hire, train and mentor new team members
- Comfortable being client facing and developing business
- Robust planning and reorganization skills
- Some US/CDN tax experience highly regarded
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Salary up to $175,000
- Competitive bonus of up to 20% based on firm and personal performance
- Medical and dental
- 4 weeks vacation
- Tuition reimbursement