Job Order ID: 37922
Job Location: Portland, Oregon, United States
Salary: $140,000 - $160,000
Do you have estate planning experience and want to advance your career at one of the most prestigious and recognized mid-sized firms in Oregon?
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client is a reputable family law and estate planning firm in Oregon. They have been leading the field for 40 years with some of the most recognized Super Lawyers at the firm. This is an opportunity to work with a collegial and dynamic team of attorneys who are leaders and innovators in the community. Plenty of legal support is available at this firm. As well, our client prides themselves on mentorship opportunities with a program in place to ensure the success of junior and senior associates at the firm.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The firm maintains a highly successful and professional work environment, but that doesn’t stop them from nurturing social interactions among its employees. Join a social and supportive firm that offers opportunities for career development and mentorship!
ABOUT THE POSITION
We’re looking for a senior estate planning attorney with excellent verbal and written communication skills, who can maintain a professional and polished attitude when interacting with clients and other attorneys.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Advising clients about their estate planning and drafting wills, trusts, and related estate planning documents, including durable powers of attorney and health care directives
- Prenuptial, cohabitation, and property status agreements
- Tax planning to minimize state and federal estate, gift, and other transfer taxes, as well as preparing estate and gift tax returns
- Client counseling regarding charitable planning, including charitable trusts, donor-advised funds, support organizations, providing foundations, and tax-exempt organizations
- Assisting with probate and transfer of estate assets, including managing estates with complex assets, business succession, and multigenerational planning needs; addressing foreign inheritance, tax, and other cross-border issues
- Counseling trustees about their duties related to the administration of trusts
- A minimum of 8 years of estate planning experience
- Demonstrated history of managing an active caseload while mentoring and supervising others (staff or junior associates)
- Qualified candidates must be Oregon Bar members. Washington Bar membership is a plus
- Professional with outstanding analytical ability, sound judgment, and excellent communication skills
- Ability to provide support to attorneys in more complex cases
- $140,000-$160,000/yr depending on years of experience
- Generous annual bonus incentives
- Health benefit package (vision, dental, medical)
- Mentorship opportunities
- Path to partnership
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply directly to this posting with the most recent version of your resume. If you would like to speak with us regarding this position, please contact Raymond at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about our open positions, visit us at impactrecruitment.ca.
ABOUT IMPACT RECRUITMENT
Specializing in a wide variety of industries and recruitment verticals, Impact Recruitment is passionate about matching exceptional talent with exciting new opportunities. For job seekers, we offer a dedicated approach to finding the right opportunity for your career growth.
The Certified Candidate® system by Impact Recruitment is designed to ensure your next career move is the right one. We take the time to thoroughly understand your technical abilities, your career goals, and you. Become a Certified Candidate® and enjoy a better recruitment experience with Impact. Learn more at impactrecruitment.ca.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this position, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.