Job Order ID: 25224
Job Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a SaaS company in the heart of Vancouver as a Senior Front-End Developer. The successful applicant will be joining a cutting-edge team in exciting, large scale projects. This position provides outstanding benefits and a great work/life balance.
This company are making leaps and bounds with their use of technology to improve quality, speed, accuracy and efficiency. As leaders in Digital Transformation they develop, and market communicational software for use within the shipping industry.
Reporting to the CTO, the Senior Front-End Developer will be responsible to Conceptualize, design, estimate, document, develop, deploy, maintain, operate, support, and test existing and new applications/services based on React, Redux, and Typescript. Other duties include but are not limited to:
– Working with the current infrastructure: AWS, Ansible, and Cloudformation
– Deployment & continuous integration with Jenkins, Codedeploy, and Github/Codeship
– Data Storage based on MySQL/RDS, S3, Elasticsearch, Memcached/Elasticache
– Communicating with the Backend: Newer stuff Kotlin + Dropwizard, and Legacy Node.js + Express
– Frontend: working with React / Redux / RxJS / TypeScript, and legacy Backbone.js
– Mentor co-op students and junior staff though reviews, coaching and pairing in an informal setting
– Assist with the transition of their current software to new architecture on the user facing interface
– Execute future projects, often spanning multiple divisions, all while in constant communication with department or project managers
– A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other related field, or a combination of education and experience.
– 4+ years of development experience, with at least 2 years experience developing single page applications
– You must demonstrate experience in building and maintaining high quality frontends
– Deep understanding of Web technologies especially as related to browser rendering and networking
– Practical experience with React.js component life cycles, rendering model, integrating with foreign libraries
– Experience with popular React.js state, and effect management (such as Flux or Redux)
– Experience working within Kanban methodologies is an asset
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
– 3 weeks of vacation
– Dental, Extended Medical and Health Plan
– Competitive Salary based on experience
HOW TO APPLY:
Please reply with a Microsoft Word version of your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference # 25224 or visit: https://www.impactrecruitment.ca/ to apply online. If you would like to speak with us directly regarding this role, please contact Sean Moynihan at 6046898687 Ext:253 for a confidential discussion.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this particular role, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.