Job Order ID: 24821
Job Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Salary: $100,000 - $140,000
Our client is a National organization but operates like a local cost center, so you are getting the best of both worlds. Resources of a large national firm but the feel of a mid-sized firm environment. They are flexible with work-life balance and instill a collaborative team environment with an open door policy.
Looking for someone who can become an associate partner in the future.
The ideal candidate has 10+ years of public practice experience, operating at a senior manager level and able to tax plan independently. The current focus in terms of clients are private companies, typically dealing with smaller to mid-size in a range of industries – manufacturing, private enterprise, construction. The range is $100k to larger companies of $25m revenue. there may be some pubco, junior resource/mining work as well.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Offer tax compliance and planning services to a variety of clients including corporations, partnerships, and trusts
- Demonstrates an understanding of the client’s industry, marketplace, business trends and technical and industry developments, key performance drivers and proven ability to articulate such to the client
- Identify and resolve accounting and tax issues.
- Leads complex engagements, managing the business relationship with a focus on high-value, quality tax advice and seeks to expand services to client
- Ability to identify cross-service line opportunities and scope or scale services to the client
- Liaise with tax authorities on tax audits and appeals
- Serve as a front-line consultant to clients under the direction of a Partner
- Recognize team strengths to effectively plan, schedule and delegate to all staff levels to ensure successful execution is in accordance with firm methodologies and guidance, professional standards
- Monitor engagement timelines against goals and objectives and liaising with clients on engagement status, ensuring clarity throughout the process, manage the production of quality deliverable on time, in scope and within budget
- Responsible for managing client’s relationships, developing new connections, attracting new business and managing quality of work completed
- Hire, train and mentor new team members in relation to professional and personal development
- Ideally completed in-depth Tax (levels 1-3)
- 10 + years public practice experience
- 8+ years Tax experience (Canadian tax)
- International/ Cross-Border tax experience an asset
- Proficiency in CaseWare, Caseview, TaxPrep, and Microsoft Office
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Salary 120-140k
- A discretionary bonus of up to 20% of which 50/50 on personal and company performance.
- Full dental and medical benefits
- Tuition reimbursement
- 4 weeks of vacations
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply now at www.impactrecruitment.ca or send your resume to gwhite@Impactrecruitment.ca. If you would like to speak with us directly regarding this role, please contact Gillian White at (604)-689-8687 Ext 272 for more information.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this particular role, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.