Job Order ID: 26463
Job Location: Vancouver, Canada
Salary: $67,418 - $77,019
Position: Senior Manager Financial Accounting, Corporate
Industry: Public Sector (Government) in Retail
Salary: $67,000 – $77,000 (great pension, time off and benefits)
This public-sector entity is one of the largest distributors and retailers in Canada in their specific product group and has been recognized as one of British Columbia’s top employers. The organization is driven by innovation and is very forward looking with many large-scale projects in the works and upcoming. This company is at the threshold of rolling out one of their largest growth plans to date and requires strong leaders with initiative and drive to help the team accomplish their goals.
They are looking for a dynamic Senior Manager Financial Accounting, Corporate for their Corporate division to provide financial advice, direction and strategic support in the form of financial reporting, reconciliations and period end processing. The Senior Manager Financial Accounting, Corporate, also assists with financial management and policies and procedures. As leader of a team of five direct reports with roughly 15 more indirect reports, the Senior Manager Financial Accounting, Corporate provides valuable information to many managerial positions throughout the organization, allowing to them to benefit from the detailed findings in order to achieve operational goals.
Duties included, but not limited to –
- Assist with directing all financial framework for the Corporate Division, including strategic objectives, financial reporting guidelines, budgeting and forecasting
- Lead authority on all aspects of the financial reporting system, including chart of accounts, GL, reporting policies, and providing recommendations for process improvements
- Lead on design and implementation on projects pertaining to Corporate financials
- Providing period, quarterly and year end reporting
- Collaboration with multiple divisions for planning and forecasting requirements
- Contribution to the achievement of Finance department goals and KPI’s
- Performing other duties as required by the Director of the Corporate division
To be considered for this role you must have
- Current professional accounting designation (CPA)
- 3+ years’ experience of recent, related duties in senior leadership role
- Management and supervision of a finance group of a large corporate group of accountants
- Working knowledge of GAAP and IFRS, budgets, forecasting, reporting and analysis
- Working knowledge of strategic operational planning, risk management, procurement and contract management, also strong business acumen
- A leader of change and team accountability, as well as advanced analysis and problem solving skills
- Superb communication, organizational, presentation and time management skills
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- $67,000 – $77,000
- Standard benefits package
- Pension Plan (very strong)
- 3 weeks’ vacation + 17 days off
- 5 hour work week
HOW TO APPLY:
Please visit our website at www.impactrecruitment.ca and apply to job #26463. If you would like to speak with us directly regarding this role, please contact Brett Kuseler at 604-689-8687 x 226 for more information.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this particular role, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.