Job Order ID: 26108
Job Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Salary: $85,000 - $100,000
This role has potential to grow into the manager of position, based on prior experience and individual performance
World’s largest producer and supplier of natural gas to major international markets in North America, Asia Pacific, Europe and South America.
Ensures the operation of reliable, secure and performant IT infrastructure services including communications, networks, hardware, operating systems, databases and middleware. This includes infrastructure support, monitoring, maintenance and troubleshooting, including 24/7 on call coverage and oversight of infrastructure managed services providers.
- Work as a project team member to analyze requirements, assess options, prioritize, design, develop, document and implement infrastructure solutions in line with approved architecture
- Analyze the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement
- Actively participate in the transition of new infrastructure services from development to production, including testing, training, go-live and change management, as well as the decommissioning of legacy infrastructure services
- Apply change management procedures to ensure all patches, upgrades and configuration changes comply with architecture standards and are thoroughly tested before promoting to production
- Maintain an understanding of business system components to be able to effectively troubleshoot problems. Maintain knowledge of industry best practices and future technology advances to recommend process enhancements and efficiencies
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working as a system, network or database administrator in an global enterprise environment.
- Must have leadership skills and prior team handing experience
- Advanced knowledge in VMware, Windows Backend Systems (Windows Server, DNS/DHCP, Exchange, etc.), Unix/Linux, Office365, and cloud services.
- Advanced knowledge of network architectures and network security
- Stakeholder management skills including effective communication and facilitation across a variety of groups, both technical and non-technical
- Experience in analyzing business requirements and developing technical specifications
- Fluent English essential and knowledge of Spanish, Mandarin or Arabic an advantage
- Knowledge of data integrity concepts and business continuity
- Outstanding customer service skills, including excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with Global teams in a multi-disciplined/ multi-functional team environment
- Prior experience of European, Asian or Middle Eastern market would be an asset
- Microsoft Certified System Administrator or ITIL Certification an asset
- University qualification in Information Technology or related field
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary: $85,000 – $100,000
Vacation: 3 weeks.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, MSP. RSP program.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply now at www.impactrecruitment.ca or send your resume to Ksatija@Impactrecruitment.ca . If you would like to speak with us directly regarding this role, please contact 604-689-8687 ext-275 for more information.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this particular role, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.