Job Order ID: 25230
Job Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a SaaS company in the heart of Vancouver as a Software Developer. The successful applicant will be joining a cutting-edge team in exciting, large scale projects. This position provides outstanding benefits and a great work/life balance.
This company are making leaps and bounds with their use of technology to improve quality, speed, accuracy and efficiency. As leaders in Digital Transformation they develop, and market communicational software for use within the shipping industry.
Reporting to the CTO, the Software Developer will be responsible to design, estimate, document, develop, deploy, maintain, operate, support, and test existing and new applications/services.
You will work closely with product managers, designers, sales, operators, and other developers to deliver features and bug fixes. Other duties include but are not limited to:
– Email: Aware of the various email RFCs, specifically related to parsing; and gracefully handling non-compliance
– Functional Programming: Managing state/control flow complexity; basics of Category Theory such as categories, functors, monads, monoids, sum/product types; types as propositions
– Distributed systems: failure, and mitigation; CAP theorem; FLP theorem; Tracing, and Debugging; Data Lineage, and Fault Injection; Log structured storage for applications, and how it relates to distributed systems; and Microservices
– Software construction: SOLID principles, including items related to dependency management; applying the scientific method to software development; Event Sourcing; Hexagonal architecture; and Domain Driven Design
– HTTP API design: ReST; Hypermedia; HATEOAS; and Command-Query-Responsibility-Segregation
Scalability & Operations: Scaling, failure modes, capacity planning, debugging, metrics, logging, and deployment
– Testing: Property based testing a la QuickCheck; Fuzzing; Unit/Integration/End-to-End testing
– Project Management: The Principles of Product Development Flow, with a strong emphasis on Shortest-Weighted-Job first; Kanban/Agile workflows
– Security: HTML Email rendering inside a web application, specifically HTML injection as an attack vector; and JWT, and token-based security
– A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other related field, or a combination of education and experience.
– 4+ years of development experience with web applications.
– Experience working with most of the following: Node.js + Express, and WebSockets, Backbone.js frontend, ootstrap/HTML/CSS, Desktop vs Mobile rendering, Mocha,
– MySQL, ElasticSearch, SES/SendGrid, S3, SQS, SNS
– Bonus experience: Dropwizard, Javaslang, JOOQ, Jackson
– 3 weeks of vacation
– Dental, Extended Medical and Health Plan
– Competitive Salary based on experience
HOW TO APPLY:
Please reply with a Microsoft Word version of your resume to: email@example.com quoting reference # 25230 or visit: https://www.impactrecruitment.ca/ to apply online. If you would like to speak with us directly regarding this role, please contact Sean Moynihan at 6046898687 Ext:253 for a confidential discussion.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this particular role, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.