Job Order ID: 26532
Job Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
This company are making leaps and bounds with their use of technology to improve quality, speed, accuracy, and efficiency in the Remote Sensing, Surveying and Mapping industry. They have a diverse team who have expertise in astrophysics, computer science, advanced mathematics, data analysis, and product development. The company offers flexible hours, work social events, and a secure area for bike commuters.
Working with the research and development teams, you will be responsible to identify opportunities for acceleration within radar image processing chains.
The goal is to increase data processing throughout for dense workloads on our compute cluster by reshaping the software. A strong background in HPC and a solid understanding of software design principles are a requirement
You will be working exclusively in a Linux environment with image processing chains that are written in Python, C++, CUDA and some Bash Scripting.
- University Degree or College Diploma in Software Development, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics or equivalent work experience and/or certificates.
- 4+ years of experience programming in Python
- 4+ years of experience programming in C++ or CUDA
- Experience with GPU-programming and multithreading (CUDA, OpenMP)
- Experience with a Linux-based compute cluster
- Profiling and accelerating a big data processing toolchain
- Experience working in test driven environment
- Ability to communicate clearly project timelines and updates across multiple divisions
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Salary: $80,000 – $120,000
- Defined bonus structure.
- Extended Dental & Medical
- 3 weeks vacation
HOW TO APPLY:
Please reply with a Microsoft Word version of your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference # 26532 or visit: https://www.impactrecruitment.ca/jobs/ to apply online. If you would like to speak with us directly regarding this role, please contact Sean Moynihan at 6046898687 Ext:253 for a confidential discussion.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this particular role, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.