Job Order ID: 24803
Job Location: Kelowna, BC, Canada
Salary: $65,000 - $80,000
Ideal candidate has 5+ years public practice experience, operating at a manager level and able to tax plan independently. Current focus in terms of clients are private companies, typically dealing with smaller to mid size, range of industries – manufacturing, private enterprise, construction. Ideally looking for someone with tax planning experience who can still do compliance. Also get the benefit of getting to work through files all the way, giving you a lot more involvement and experience than a typical Big 4 firm.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Offer tax compliance and planning services to a variety of clients including corporations, partnerships, and trusts
- Demonstrates understanding of client’s industry, marketplace, business trends and technical and industry developments, key performance drivers and proven ability to articulate such to the client
- Identify and resolve accounting and tax issues.
Leads complex engagements, managing the business relationship with a focus on high-value, quality tax advice and seeks to expand services to client
- Ability to identify cross-service line opportunities and scope or scale services to the client
- Liaise with tax authorities on tax audits and appeals
- Recognize team strengths to effectively plan, schedule and delegate to all staff levels to ensure successful execution is in accordance with firm methodologies and guidance, professional standards
- Monitor engagement timelines against goals and objectives and liaising with clients on engagement status, ensuring clarity throughout the process, manages the production of quality deliverables on time, in scope and within budget
- Responsible for managing client’s relationships, developing new connections, attracting new business and managing quality of work completed
- Hire, train and mentor new team members in relation to professional and personal development
Looking for someone who can become a senior manager and then work towards becoming an associate partner in the future.
70 people within the Kelowna office a National organization but a local cost centre, so you are getting the best of both worlds. Resources of a large national firm but the feel of a mid-sized firm environment. Flexible work life balance and a collaborative team environment. Strong reputation in the Kelowna market.
- Ideally enrolled in-depth Tax (levels 1-3)
- 5+ years public practice experience
- 5+ years Tax experience (Canadian tax)
- Proficiency in CaseWare, Caseview, TaxPrep, and Microsoft Office
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Salary 65k-80k
- Discretionary bonus of up to 20% of which 50/50 on personal and company performance.
- Full dental and medical benefits
- Tuition reimbursement
- 4 weeks of vacations