Job Order ID: 38515
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Salary: $60,000 - $70,000
We are looking for a motivated accounting professional that has previous Trust Accounting experience! The ideal candidate has 2-3 years of direct experience and has previously worked in the legal industry.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client is a leading national law firm with one of the largest business law practices in the country.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
You will be reporting to the Controller and supporting the lawyers in the Toronto office with all trust related activities. You get to work alongside bright, friendly, and hardworking professionals in a recognized firm. This firm will also offer an extensive benefits package, social events, and opportunities to progress in your accounting career.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Reporting to the Controller, this successful candidate will be handling the firm’s compliance of trust accounting regulations set by The Law Society. The office is based in Downtown Toronto.
- Trust deposits
- Processing trust disbursements (bank drafts, checques, direct deposits, foreign exchange conversions, wires)
- Managing daily interest investment accounts and term investment accounts
- Reconciliation of accounts
- Preparing annual trust reports and compliance audits
- Compiling trust exception letters and submitting to the Law Society
- Processing retainer payments from clients
- Assisting with various accounting related duties as required by the team
- 2 – 3 years of Legal-trust accounting experience is a must with Accounting education
- Familiarity with Law Society of rules and regulations
- Strong technical skills, particularly in MS Excel and Elite 3E
- Team player with ability to work independently + Strong client service focus
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple conflicting demands
- $60,000 – $70,000 annual salary
- Hybrid Opportunity
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- Excellent benefits package – extended medical, dental, etc.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply directly to this posting with the most recent version of your resume. If you would like to speak with us regarding this position, please contact Ria Eustace at: 437-370-6406 ext. 316 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about our open positions, visit us at impactrecruitment.ca.
ABOUT IMPACT RECRUITMENT
Specializing in a wide variety of industries and recruitment verticals, Impact Recruitment is passionate about matching exceptional talent with exciting new opportunities. For job seekers, we offer a dedicated approach to finding the right opportunity for your career growth.
The Certified Candidate® system by Impact Recruitment is designed to ensure your next career move is the right one. We take the time to thoroughly understand your technical abilities, your career goals, and you. Become a Certified Candidate® and enjoy a better recruitment experience with Impact. Learn more at impactrecruitment.ca.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this position, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.