Job Order ID: 875
Job Location: South Surrey, BC, Canada
Salary: $55,000 - $65,000
This small sized firm has a history of fostering some of the top accounting professionals in BC due to their strong mentorship program and positive work environment. They pride themselves in having as very flat structure. They are dedicated to work/life balance, and consciously manage their workflow to make busy season less hectic than at other firms. The partners are dedicated to staff development and will support you in growing your career in the direction you choose. If you want to strengthen your skills in business development, planning, training, or team management, you will have the support you need in this role.
This is a long term, stable growth opportunity. The firm hires individuals with the expectation that they will make significant investment in training and grow them through the firm. As such, the US Tax Technician may expect to grow significantly within their role and be granted internal opportunities accordingly.
This position mostly involves the preparation of U.S. individual and corporate tax returns. The successful candidate will work with the partners to ensure that the compliance needs of clients are met on a timely basis. The ideal candidate possesses strong interpersonal skills, is eager to learn new concepts and ideas and has an excellent command of the English language. Some degree of Canadian and/or U.S. tax experience is required.
The Key Accountabilities for this role include:
- Preparation of U.S. personal tax returns
- Preparation of U.S. corporate tax returns
- Preparation of working papers for U.S. corporate clients
- Communicate with clients and support the Managers with research
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Salary 50-65k
- Discretionary Bonuses (Will also look at profit sharing bonus for junior candidates)
- Full dental and medical benefits
- 3 weeks of vacations (Plus office is closed for Christmas so an additional week)
- Professional development (They have put staff through the Golden gate masters program)
- Annual company trip (Last trip was Vegas)
- Minimum of 2 years experience in preparing personal and corporate tax returns.
- Detail orientated personality
- Self-motivated with strong time management
- Excellent Microsoft office skills
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply now at www.impactrecruitment.ca or send your resume to gwhite@Impactrecruitment.ca. If you would like to speak with us directly regarding this role, please contact Gillian White at (604)-689-8687 Ext 272 for more information.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this particular role, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.