Job Order ID: 26435
Job Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada
Our client is looking to grow their team and add a Firmware Test Engineer. Reporting to the Development Manager you will be responsible for preventing delays that result from system bugs and errors being caught late in the development cycle. You will be working with the firmware development team who are responsible for
the development and evolution of their SOC (System on Chip) technology which powers their unique Linux based 200 MHz and 900 MHz wireless networking solutions that are used in a diverse range of Smart Grid/IOT deployments.
Other duties include but not limited to:
– Working with management and the team to mitigate the risks, evaluate, plan, design, develop and execute testing throughout the agile development cycle
– Verification and test automation activities required for verifying low level hardware and custom peripherals
– Analysis of SOC design, creation and execution of automated and manual tests
– Complex functional and stress testing of the embedded SOC solution
– Development of automated test and test drivers for validation of embedded systems
– Expansion and enhancement of test automation framework used for SOC verification
– Testing of system level interfaces and hardware drivers
– Analysis and design of test scenarios.
– Modification of existing test automation suites based on Selenium, Python and Perl.
– Problem reproduction and root cause analysis.
– University Degree or College Diploma in Software Development, Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent work experience and/or certificates.
– 5 – 10 years’ experience in Quality Assurance as an individual contributor testing hardware, software and firmware components
– A strong background in embedded Linux devices and familiarity with the unique challenges delivering products on this platform.
– A strong background in the verification of embedded real-time systems including low level state driven applications, non-volatile memory management schemes, real time communications protocol stacks, and interrupt driven task design.
– A strong bias towards test driven development and experience with ensuring quality through automated testing.
– Full product lifecycle experience including requirements analysis, debugging, unit test, integration, and final release validation activities, as well as enhancing and maintaining existing products
– Demonstrated success in working with an agile environment, delivering complex embedded solutions, effectively translating market requirements into simple technical implementations.
– Proven record of delivering applications for mass-market, high-reliability, critical systems
– Strong estimation skills and proven ability to provide detailed & accurate estimates for testing and automation efforts.
– Strong scripting experience in Bash and Perl.
– Experience with relevant firmware development and build tools, and firmware development processes.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please reply with a Microsoft Word version of your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference # 26435 or visit: https://www.impactrecruitment.ca/ to apply online. If you would like to speak with us directly regarding this role, please contact Sean Moynihan at 6046898687 Ext:253 for a confidential discussion.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this particular role, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.