Job Order ID: 24323
Job Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Salary: $50,000 - $70,000
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Preparation and/or review of working paper files and financial statements for compilation, review and audit engagements, including applicable tax returns and other required compliance.
- Preparation and/or review of personal & corporate tax returns, trust returns, and charity information returns.
- Preparation and/or review of HST / GST / PST / WCB returns and other compliance filings.
- Monitoring of client deadlines to ensure client deadlines are met.
- Supervision and training of junior staff members and review of their work.
- Direct interaction with clients and CRA on behalf of clients.
- Working knowledge of CaseWare, CaseView, QuickBooks, Simply Accounting, Taxprep, and Microsoft Office together with other commonly used applications in an accounting environment.
- Knowledge of IFRS reporting is an asset.
You have a strong interest in public practice. Strong communication skills are a must and all applicants should have a strong command of the English language, both written and verbal. You have excellent
organizational and time management skills, and a proven ability to take initiative and work independently and in groups. As a personable team player, you value a work environment that is healthy, supportive, fast paced, and fun. You are motivated to produce quality work and possess great problem-solving skills with a focus on solutions
Is a well established small size Charted Professional Accountants firm approximately 12 people in total. Located in Kitsilano. The firm prides itself on delivering quality service that exceeds client expectations.
Opportunity to grow towards Manager and potentially partner in the future if the candidate has the right skillset and work ethic. Great Mentorship opportunity from direct manager.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Base salary is in the $50,000- $70,000
- 2 weeks of Vacation are provided. Overtime is banked and taken later for Fridays off in July & August or during the week of Christmas.
- Benefits include 100 % of the MSP paid and 50% of coverage through Manulife. There is a 3 month of eligibility period.
- Professional and development fees are also covered by the firm.
- CPA designation
- 3 years of post designation experience conducting review engagements, preparing T1’s and T2’s
- Required software skills are use of Caseware, Taxprep, MS Office
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply now at www.impactrecruitment.ca or send your resume to gwhite@Impactrecruitment.ca. If you would like to speak with us directly regarding this role, please contact Gillian White at (604)689-8697 ext 272 for more information.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this particular role, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.