Job Order ID: 26925
Job Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada
Salary: $64,800 - $75,000
Position Title: Senior Accountant – 1-year contract
Salary: 70,000 – 75,000
Location: Burnaby, BC
An experienced CPA is required for a Senior Accountant role with this well-known Burnaby based organization for a 1-year contract, with possibility of extension. Reporting to the Finance Manager of the group, this Senior Accountant will take part in all financial reporting and Canadian GAAP regulatory compliance needs. This is a very dynamic role that allows the Senior Accountant to develop a new approach with senior management for the establishment and implementation of best practices within the company.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual Financial Statements
- Overview of and mentorship and development of other junior staff
- Identify areas to develop internal processes and procedures
- Preparing external reports, assisting with budget preparation and dealing with external auditors
- Maintaining both internal and external communications with appropriate parties
- Work with high volume of data to analyse and create reporting tools
The successful candidate will be an analytical leader for the company. Someone who can hold their own while dealing with push back on new company financial controls and all the while under stressful timelines. This individual will be a self-starter, extremely organized and detail oriented team builder. Displaying superior communication and interpersonal skills, the Senior Financial Accountant excels in team environments.
- Recognized Accounting Designation or close to completing an accounting
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience, preferably in a similar level role
- Excellent judgement, strategic thinking and leadership skills
- Strong excel and GL experience, Financial Statements and M/E close process
- Computer skills, ERP, MS Office, strong reporting skills are all a huge asset
- Personality that can handle an ever changing, fast paced environement
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Salary Range: $70 – $75k
- Benefit Package: Extended Medical, Dental, RRSP , professional dues
- 3 weeks’ vacation
HOW TO APPLY:
Please reply with a Microsoft Word version of your resume to job #26925 at www.impactrecruitment.ca . If you would like to speak with us directly regarding this role, please contact Brett Kuseler at 604-689-8687 x 226 for more information.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this particular role, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.